𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸

Daphne's POV

Bella and Edward come back today. Jasper And I are waiting for them, Jacob arrives and is waiting for Bella. He glared at us. When they got here. He turns to glare at Edward, and Bella. We walk over as Edward subtly protectively pulls Bella back. Students watch from a distance, out of earshot. "Hey, Charlie said you left town," Jacob spoke up. "Yeah, to visit my mom," Bella replied. "Why?" "Just checking to see if you're still human," Jacob replied. Jacob concentrates on something and suddenly, Edward looks distressed. "I'm coming here to warn you. If your kind comes onto our land again," Jacob warns. I glare at him. "Wait, what?" Bella asks. "You didn't tell her?" Jacob asked. "Just leave it alone, Jacob," I shot back. Alice and Maddie are nearby, standing at the ready as Mike, Angela, Jessica, and Eric watch. Angela fears a fight as the others want one. "Tell me what?" Bella asked. "Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding, there is nothing to worry about," Edward told her. "Listen to you," Jacob sneers at him. "Did you lie to get her out of town, too?" "You should leave. Now," I told him.

"They have a right to know," Jacob shot back. "She's the one the redhead wants." "Victoria?" Bella asked. "Alice's vision," Bella finished as she looked at us, disappointed. "We are trying to protect you," I told her. "By lying to me," she shot back. "I know," Jasper sighs. "We're gonna talk about it.....," Bella told Edward as she turned to Jacob. "But.... you. Why haven't you called me back?" "I had nothing to say," Jacob replied. "Well, I have tons," Bella replied. "Hold on, hey, Bella," Edward spoke up. "Edward, you have to trust me" "I do trust you. It's him I don't trust," Bella replied as she looked at him, strong, independent, not about to acquiesce. Finally, he releases her as she jogs toward Jacob. She climbs onto his bike as he grins. "Lose the grin, Jake.  just going for a ride," Bella told him. "Hold on tight," he replied as he kick-started the bike, then roared off with Bella on the back. We watched them go as students left, disappointed that they didn't see the fight they wanted. Edward sighs and shakes his head as he walks away from the school and into the woods. "Why don't they explain everything to each other? I mean. I know I didn't tell her. But... I did it for Bella" I asked jasper. " you're both trying to protect her. That's normal. It's just a different kind of love. Let's just go inside" he leads me inside.

༄𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊'𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎-𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝༄

Edward, Jasper, and I went to see where Bella was. We knocked on the door and Charlie opened it and let us in. "I'll give you guys some privacy then," Charlie told us. "Do you know how worried I've been?" Edward asked. "How worried we've been?" I added "I was perfectly safe," she replied. "I almost broke the treaty to make sure of it," I told her. Then we stopped and inhaled, our faces alarmed. "I know, I smell like dogs. I'm sorry," Bella apologized. "No, no," Edward replied. "Something's wrong."  I move into the living room, and dart through the first floor, checking it. Charlie doesn't see it as he is focused on Riley's picture, which is scratched out. "What? What is it?" Bella asked as they followed me. "Stay here," Jasper said as he bolted upstairs with me. They follow us upstairs. I enter Bella's room to see Edward holding her dreamcatcher that She got from Jacob. "What's wrong?' Bella asked. "Someone's been in here," I say. Jasper turns to me.

༄𝙲𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎-𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝༄

Edward and I pace, frustrated. Alice is stressed. Madison tries to help by humming. Bella tries to track their fast-paced conversation with Rosalie, Carlisle, Abigail, and Esme. "Who was it?" Alice asked. "Does anyone know it?" I ask.  "Just a stranger," Edward replied. "I didn't recognize his scent," I say looking at them, still pacing. "A nomad passing through?" Esme asked. "A passer-by wouldn't let her father be alive," Rosalie replied. The door bursts open as Jasper and Thomas enter. "The scent disappeared about five miles south of the house," Jasper announced. "Someone's orchestrating this," Edward deduced. "Victoria?" Carlisle asked. "I would've seen her deciding," Alice replied. "It has to be the Volturi," Thomas added. "I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too," Alice responded. "So we keep looking," Emmett spoke up. "We also take shifts, guarding Bella at her house," Carlisle added. "Another protection detail?" Rosalie asked. "Rosalie," Esme and I scolded her. "No, she's right. You can't protect us, watch our dad," Bella spoke up. "And search for the intruder. And for Victoria. And keep yourselves fed." "We're not leaving you defenseless," I told her. Pulling her into my arms. "Well, I'm not gonna let you starve," she shot back. "I wouldn't be unprotected. I have......" she stops as an idea gives birth to itself in my head. I look at her, a tiny glimmer of optimism flashing on my face. Bella smiles as well as she gets the same idea. Edward didn't like it but decided not to fight me on it "What?" Jasper asked.