𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟹

Daphne's POV

"It was a long time ago, maybe you're forgetting the bad," I asked. "I remember. And it was perfect. Till the end...," she explained as she turned toward the river. Bella and I slowly move to her side. "I almost had everything, even though it was the Great Depression. I was eighteen, beautiful—everyone in Rochester envied me. There's only one thing I wanted that I didn't have..."

༄ROCHESTER, NEW YORK – PARK - DAY (1933)༄

Human Rosalie, rosy skin, stunning, but naïve, vain. Her eyes longing as she hands the boy back to his mother, VERA, 18. "I wanted a child badly. A home of my own, a husband to kiss me when he came home from work. And I thought I was going to have all of that...," she told us.

༄ROCHESTER NEW YORK – STREETS – DAY (1933)༄

Rosalie walks on the arm of the handsome, well-dressed Royce King. Passersby eye her admiringly. Royce enjoys the attention she brings him. But it's clear from their looks that Royce himself is not well-liked. "Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him. But I was young. I was in love with the idea of love," she continued as she doesn't see Royce eyeing a pretty woman across the street. The pretty woman, appalled, hurries along; he wipes the lear off his face. Rosalie blithely only sees her perfect man. "I was young...," she added.

༄ROCHESTER NEW YORK – STREETS – NIGHT (1933)༄

Rosalie heads down the empty lamp-lit streets. She pulls her coat close in the chill of the night air. "On the last night of my life, I left a friend's house late. I wasn't far from home," she explained. She slows as she sees a group of five men, gathered under a streetlight. They laugh drunkenly, passing a bottle. Rosalie veers away to avoid them but hears her handsome man. "Here she is. Hey, Rose. Come over here," Royce calls as he sees her. Rosalie relaxes a little as she realizes it's Royce. "Here, hold this. Hey, come over here. We've been waiting for you," Royce states as he walks closer to her. "You're drunk," Rosalie states as she can smell it off him. "Isn't she lovely, John? I told you she was a beauty," ( 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎☺️ 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞😒) Royce turns to his friends. "It's hard to say with all those clothes on," John sneers. Rosalie, uncomfortable, looks to Royce but he just snickers. "What do you say, Rose? Why don't we take off a few layers?" Royce asked. "Stop it... I'll see you tomorrow. Sober," Rosalie scoffs as she starts off, but Royce abruptly yanks her hat off.

She cries out in pain as the pins wrench her hair out. Royce grins, the sadist in him unmasked now. The men laugh. "Hey, where do you think you're going?" Royce asked. "Stop it. Just stop it. Let go. Stop it," Rosalie gasped in shock. "Come back. Hey, you'll do as I say," Royce demands, then he grabs her coat. She fights him, scratching his face, but he violently rips the coat off her. The brass buttons pop off as they scatter on the street. "I didn't see who he was until that night. Who they all were...," Rosalie finished

༄CULLEN HOUSE – THE DECK – EVENING༄

Bella reels at the horror of Rosalie's assault. I can tell how she was feeling based on what happened to me. Empathy fills us as a stoic Rosalie continues."They left me in the street, thinking I was dead. Believe me, I wanted to be. Carlisle found me, he smelled all the blood... Thought he was helping me," Rosalie said."I'm sorry," Bella said."I got my revenge on them. One at a time. I saved Royce for last, so he'd know I was coming," she told us.

༄HOTEL CORRIDOR – NIGHT (1933)༄

Two large men guard the doorway to a room. They look up as a specter in white appears at the other end of the hall. As it nears, it's Rosalie, in her wedding dress. Royce is terrified as he hears the sound of the two guards' bodies falling heavily to the ground. He backs into a corner as the door splinters open and Rosalie enters. Royce can not hide his horror as she closes in on him.