𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟻

༄SEATTLE – UNDER A BRIDGE – NIGHT༄

It's dark. Riley appears in the shadows dragging by the collar a barely conscious, athletic, young man, Tristan. Riley effortlessly pulls Tristan's weight behind him as he traverses the long stretch of the underpass. Tristan tries desperately to focus. The bump on his head prevents lucidity. "Stop... I...," He tried to say but he's dragged over a stone and cries out in pain. Riley ignores him, finally reaching his destination. He releases Tristan who drops hard to the ground. Tristan's blinded by the darkness, dazed, terrified – he starts to crawl away. He doesn't SEE a pair of boots step up behind him. He manages to get to his feet, about to run, when suddenly a hand wrenches him backward... It's Victoria. She forces him to his knees, his back to her. She shoots a smile at Riley – he returns it, backing away from the coming blood. She yanks Tristan's head to the side to expose his neck. "Welcome to the army," Victoria said as she bites into his neck, releasing venom into his bloodstream.

༄BELLA'S HOUSE–DAY༄

Edward exits with Bella on his heels, Jasper and I following suit. "I'm not just gonna hide, while you're taking all the risks for me?" Bella asked us. "If it's Victoria involved... I need to keep you as far away from the fight as possible," Edward told her. "Jasper said that I could be of help," Bella added as Jasper nodded. "We won't need your help. With the wolves in this, it's an easy win. The rest of us aren't gonna have enough to do," Edward told her. "Okay, either it's so dangerous that I have to hide... Or it's so easy that you're gonna be side blind, which is it?" Bella asked. "It's dangerous for you. It's easy for us," Edward states. "I think it's dangerous for us to be apart. How many times do we have to prove that? I'll be worrying. You'll be worried," Bella explained. "And we'll both feel more horrible." "Okay, you're right," Edward agreed. "So, I'm coming with you," Bella asked. "We've got to stay away together," I told them. "I can't make you guys choose between us and your family, it's...," Bella asked, turning to Jasper and me. "The only way I can protect you is to be with you," I said.

༄CLEARING IN THE WOODS – DAY༄

Jacob faces Bella, Edward, and me. We're in the center of the field. Jasper and Madison stand several paces behind us. "You're not fighting? What, you pull a muscle or something?" Jacob asks me with a smug voice after Bella explains what Edward and Jasper would be doing. "He's doing it for me. Okay?" I told him, with an attitude. Jacob looks at her, at Edward, and shakes his head with disdain. "Whatever. Just tell me the plan," Jacob asked as Jasper stepped forward slightly. "This field will give us an advantage in battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella's scent. It needs to end here," Jasper states. "Edward and I are going to a campsite," Bella added. "Even if he carries me, they'll still pick up my scent." "Your stench, however, is revolting," Edward sneers at him. "You need to take care of yourself," I tell him.  "Dude, you guys don't want to start comparing stinks," Jacob shot back.

"What they mean is that your scent will mask mine if you carry me," Bella interjected. "Done," Jacob agreed, a little too eager. "This is not a good idea," Edward sighed. "Edward. They won't want to get anywhere near his... odor," I added in. "Okay, let's just try it," Bella said. Edward finally nods. Bella extends her arms to Jacob. He grins, and picks her up, holding her tight. "Eau de wolf, comin' up," Jacob joked. "Run," Edward said as Jacob ran. "Onwards, her trusty steed!" I yelled as they ran. We all laughed.

༄CLEARING IN THE WOODS – DAY༄

Edward, Jasper, stands as I jog out of the woods. "All I picked up was Jacob's gross wolf stench. No Bella" I say, hugging jasper. "This will work," Jasper told his brother. "Great," Edward said.

༄BELLA'S HOUSE – AFTERNOON༄

Bella and I climb from her truck just as Alice exits the house with Charlie. The two laugh, enjoying one another. As Alice heads down the stairs, they finish their conversation. "Okay, Alice. Don't be a stranger," Charlie told her. "Okay," she said as Bella, surprised, waves back as Charlie heads into the house. Alice meets Bella and me in the yard. "Your alibi for the battle is all arranged," Alice told us. "Really?" Bella asked. "I told your father that our whole family's going camping this weekend," Alice explained. "So you and I are having a sleepover at my house. Charlie is going fishing anyway." "Charlie? You guys run on the same basis now?" I asked. "Jasper and I, he likes. But You two, Edward and you will have the house to yourself tonight," I told her. "Like alone?" Bella asked. "We're all going hunting, powering up for the battle. You're welcome," Alice told her. I laugh as Bella is flushed with anticipation and nerves.