𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟺

Daphne's POV

༄CULLEN'S HOUSE – GRADUATION PARTY – NIGHT༄

It's wall-to-wall with teenagers. Dancing, celebrating. Alice has transformed the place into a magical nightclub. Bella and I enter, Bella was immediately overwhelmed by the crowd. We weave our way through the throngs, searching for Edward. She finally spots him. Edward is deep in consultation with Carlisle, Emmett, Madison, and Jasper. Their mood is intense. Bella head toward them but Jessica and Angela swoop in. "You've made it," Angela smiles at us. "Hey. What'd you think of my speech?" Jessica asked. "Too easy-breezy, too self-helpful? You may admit it. It sucked." "No, you pretty much nailed it," Bella and I told her in unison. "Yeah? It's like I was born to lead, right?" Jessica asked. "Oh, great. I love this song, let's go," Angela squealed as she pulls us to the dance floor where Eric and Mike find them. Mike and Eric start a robot battle. The girls laugh. Their celebratory mood is in striking contrast to the atmosphere in the kitchen.

A dance floor is Bella's idea of hell and heaven, but she forces a smile and shuffles a bit. Then Bella taps my shoulder and points as we see that Jacob enters, calm, confident. Quil and Embry flank him, looking tense, eyes darting around the room. Bella maneuvers off the dance floor and into Jacob's path. I follow her. "What are you doing here?" Bell asked. "You invited me, remember?" Jacob reminded her. "Was my right hook too subtle for you? That was me uninviting you," Bella shot back. "Look, Bella. I'm sorry... about, you know... The kiss and your hand...," Jacob apologized. "I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing... But it was just... me. Being an ass. I'm sorry."

She sees that he's sincere. She softens and nods. I roll my eyes at her soft heart. "I brought you something. A graduation present. I made it myself," Jacob told her as he takes her hand and clasped it to her wrist. A charm bracelet. The charm: an intricately hand-carved figuring of a miniature WOLF. Bella looks at it and moves. "Oh... Did you make this? It's really pretty. Thanks," Bella thanks him as Jacob's pleased. But then Bella's eye is caught by Alice standing by the staircase, frozen. I turn to face her as I realized what was happening. She's having a vision. Alarm clouds Bella's face. Jacob sees it. "I'll be right back," I said. "Why? What's going on?" Jacob asked. "Nothing. Just wait here a sec," I replied. Jacob shares a suspicious look with Embry and Quil as I push through the crowd. At the staircase, I reach Alice just as she comes out of her vision, her face alarmed. "Alice, what did you see?" I asked as Jacob appears. "Okay, something is going on. Tell me," Jacob asked. "I... need to talk to Madison and Jasper," Alice replied.

Jacob puts an arm against the wall, blocking her. "Why don't you talk to me?" Jacob asked. Suddenly Jasper and Madison are there. His expression was lethal. "I suggest you remove – your – arm. Before I do," Madison and I growl. Jacob does so, slowly, carefully. "The decision's been made," Alice said. "What's going on? You're not going to Seattle?" Bella asked. "No... They're coming here," Alice told us as she explains her vision.

༄ALICE'S VISION: SEATTLE – ABANDONED CANNERY༄

Riley passes Bella's red blouse. As they inhale, picking up the scents.

༄CULLEN HOUSE – BACK DEN – NIGHT༄

The party continues inside. But outside, the discussion is tense. Bella, Alice, Edward, Jasper, Carlisle, and I debate as Jacob tries to follow. Quil and Embry are nearby, on guard. "How long?" Edward asked. "They'll be here in four days," Alice replied. "This could turn into a blood bath," Carlisle added. "Who's behind it?" I asked. "I didn't see anyone I recognize. Maybe one...," Alice replied as Edward reads her name. "I know his face. He's local, Riley Biers," he said as he catches our eyes as recognized the name, shaken. "He didn't start this," Edward said. "Whoever did is staying out of the action," Alice agreed. "They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision," Carlisle sighed. "Either way, the army is coming... and there aren't enough of us to protect the town," Jasper spoke up. "Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob asked as he is about to explode. Carlisle and Edward share a look.