𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟼

༄CLEARING IN THE WOODS – MORNING༄

The male newborn waits. A beat, then suddenly from behind him, the whole newborn army blitzes out of the woods and into the field. The frenzy in their eyes. Their rabid thirst as they follow the scent of Bella's blood. But the scent trail ends here. They're confused... Suddenly something bolts from the trees with lightning speed and tackles a newborn. The other newborns spin to find a lethal-looking Madison and Daphne in a crouch beside his victim's body. They rush at him but... Bam! Bam! Bam! Three of them go down, tackled by Esme, Rosalie, Carlisle, Emmett, Thomas, Abigail, and Alice. Out of nowhere lunges Sam-Wolf, flanked by two wolves. They tear a newborn to pieces. Four other wolves dive into the fray. Emmett sprints full-bore into the fight, relishing the battle. The wolves work as a pack, coordinated, and deadly. Daphne controls the field – strategy, and speed vs strength, using what she learned from Jasper. Rosalie and Abigail fight with icy calm. Alice and Thomas with precognition. Esme and Carlisle fight side by side. The newborns are brutal and strong as hell. The vampires and wolves are taking some vicious hits. Jacob-wolf charges into the clearing, tackling a newborn, going for its neck. Beck looks around for Jasper, but couldn't find him. He growls as he throws a fit.

༄CAMPSITE༄

Edward reads daphne's mind, translating for Bella." Jacob just got there. He's good," he told them, seeing the action through her mind.

༄THE BATTLEFIELD༄

Edward watches the fight in Daphne's mind. Sam and Jacob charge a newborn – each wolf grabs an arm in the mouth and RIP! Paul is surrounded by three newborns as Emmett comes to his aid. They share a look, a battlefield rapprochement. Carlisle and Esme move in on Bree but she backs up frightened. Esme and Carlisle share a look. They relax their attack stance and try to calm and talk to her. Alice darts from newborn to newborn, not even looking at them, knowing their next move. She sweeps their feet, keeping them off balance, confusing them. Madison is a step behind her, trying to give her cover. A newborn takes note of his protective actions. The newborn appears behind Madison and bites her shoulder. Alice sees the newborn biting her mate. Jasper runs in and throws the newborn to Rosalie, Emmett, and Carlisle who kill him. Daphne smiles when he sees that Jasper has arrived. Alice tends to Madison.

A newborn charges at him, growling heavily. Jasper easily dodges him with ease, blocking his attacks. This causes the vampire to grow even angrier, and his attacks sloppier. Jasper smirks at him, as he jumps into the air when the vampire charges at him. He lands on him, breaking his neck with his hands in the process. It kills him in an instant. "I can handle myself," Alice told her, to which she brushes her hair away. "I know," Madison told her. They didn't see Victoria at the edge of the clearing, stopping to see what is happening. She is confused and shocked at the scene. Wolves and vampires work together, attacking her army of newborn vampires. Then the wind blows, to which she smells something. She glares in the direction of the scent and runs in the direction where it came from.

༄MOUNTAIN CAMPSITE༄

"Is Madison alright?" Bella asked, but he didn't respond. "Edward...," Bella asked but he only sees Daphne's thoughts, and talks to himself. "Don't let them protect each other, good, go around...," he mutters to himself. Suddenly Edward stops, blinks, briefly disoriented as his mind is cut off from the battlefield. He looks around and finds Seth frozen as well. They share a tense look. "Someone's hurt?" Bella asked. "Seth, go," Edward ordered as Seth bolted away from the campsite, fast. "Is it Daphne?" Bells asked as Edward whips her behind him against a cliff wall and takes a defensive stance in front of her. "She's close. I can hear her thoughts. She knew we weren't there, but she caught my scent," Edward told Bella as she held their breaths.

༄MOUNTAIN༄
"She knew you would be with me," Edward added. "She found us," Bella realized. "And she's not alone," Edward finished, which is when Riley steps out of the woods. Bella immediately recognizes him and are taken aback. Riley edges closer, watching Edward's every move as they both carefully position themselves. "Riley... Listen to me. Victoria's just using you, to distract me," Edward spoke up. "But she knows I'll kill you." Riley hesitates, surprised to be addressed. "She'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore," Edward added as Victoria emerges from the woods, forming a triangle with Riley, with, Bella and Edward at the apex. "Don't listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks," Victoria lied through her teeth. "I can read her mind, so I know what she thinks of you," Edward continued. "He's lying" "She only created you and this army to avenge her true mate, James," Edward informed him. "It's the only thing she cares about. Not you." Riley's beginning to hesitate. He glances at Victoria.