18.

"I kind of figured it out on my own. I even found a friend. Did I like him? I don't know. I was thirteen, I guess it wasn't exactly love at that age. My dad saw us in the garden one day, holding hands. He wanted to kiss me for the first time, but my dad came running and took him away from our house. Out of my life. I didn't see Cameron at school or anywhere else after that. I had to change schools and my dad kept telling me to get over it, that I couldn't be gay. I went to live with my grandmother, but she died when I was 18. Then I found an apartment."

Daniel finished his speech, after which Callum learned at least a few things about the green-eyed boy. The blond was sure that if he'd been in his situation, he wouldn't have been able to talk about it so fluently. He would have stuttered, maybe even burst into tears.

Daniel was crying like an ocean on the inside, but no one would know it on the outside. At least that's how it always was.

"I love my dad."

He added, his eyes boring into the blue eyes of the boy sitting next to him. They were like wells with the clearest water and he swam in them.

"He hurt you..."

Callum paused, his brow wrinkling slightly. Daniel chuckled softly and ran a hand through his black hair.

"Humans aren't perfect. They weren't perfect and I'm not sure they ever will be. We should learn from our mistakes, Callum. I've made mistakes, but I'll never have to repeat mine. You only have one dad..."

He smiled painfully and left. Daniel had a lot more secrets than the blonde boy had expected. He didn't really know anything about him, and yet he was utterly charmed by him.