43.

"It won't get better, you know that, right?"

Daniel spoke after an endless silence. Callum's eyes resembled a walking corpse, and overall he would need some sleep. He had slept for a total of about 2 hours in the last three days.

"I won't give up, Danie. You may have given up, but I have No. It can't end like this."

Callum whispered with the last of his strength.
Daniel sighed and turned his gaze to the window.

Everything outside was so alive, even under the blanket of the snow-white duvet.

He? He was dying.

The colors of his colorful rainbow slowly faded to black and white.

His rose was losing petals day by day and Callum, as much as he didn't want to admit it, couldn't do anything about it.

"It hurts, so damn much. It hurts to think you're struggling and hearing your silent moans just reminds me, that I'm going to have to leave you here. I don't want to be like this. I don't care how much I suffer and how long it takes to die, what matters is you. You're the one I breathe for, Callum. Leave now... please. As long as you still can. Start living again and remember only the smiling and good part of me, okay?"

Just after the brunette boy speech, the doctor burst into the room. He pointed at Callum and left the room again. Callum went after him and before opening the door, looked at the lying Daniel with a disappointed expression.

It was the worst sight he had ever seen.