Harassment

Working with UK was pure hell, as I had predicted. I could even say he was a worse office buddy than Aussie was, and Aussie was pretty bad. I sat down at my desk with my cup of coffee and started up my computer.

"So, how are my grandsons?" UK asked.

"Tell me their names and I will answer you," I said, narrowing my eyes, challengingly.

"Cook, New kid, Token and Germany's son," He said smugly. Oh, I hated him so much.

"You remember one of my son's names? You are a worthless, insensitive grandfather. This is why I never come to family gatherings," I muttered loud enough for him to hear. I wanted to offend him. I logged into my computer.

"You can't keep me from my own family!" He shouted.

"I can do whatever the hell I like! They are my sons, not yours!" I shouted back. That shut him up. We got on with work for the next few hours. Time moved so slow though. UK made every second seem painfully slow. He would tap his pen on the desk and loudly slurp his tea.

He was driving me crazy!

Knock, knock.

"Oh, thank god," I sighed.

"Come in!" I instructed. The office door opened, and Tonga walked in. He took one look at UK and immediately knew my pain.

"Hey, Miss PC said we have a meeting to discuss earthquake and tsunami aid for mutually allied countries," Tonga explained. I stood up and started walking out the door when I noticed UK getting up from his chair.

"You are not part of this department, you stay here," I commanded. Thank Mother Earth he followed my instructions.

Tonga and I walked down the hallway to the meeting room.

"Damn, he took Aussie's desk," Tonga said awkwardly.

"I've noticed," I mumbled bitterly under my breath.

"So, who is going to speak on behalf of Aus?" Tonga changed the topic as he read my current mood.

"Didn't you call Abby? Or Torres? They are the ones that do that," I explained, trying to keep my stress under control.

"Oh, I can call them now and we can delay the meeting," Tonga offered.

"Don't bother, we will go ahead without Australian input," I sighed.

We walked into the meeting room where everyone was waiting. I took my seat and waited for the meeting to start.

After the meeting, we went to the breakroom to further discuss the decisions that were made. Well, we tried to. We just ended up catching up and talking to each other about our lives at home.

"How has Australia been? Any updates?" Kiribati asked.

"Not yet, aside from progress on his injuries, not much positive feedback. I'm visiting him after work anyway, so hopefully, there is some better news," I explained as I made myself another coffee. Maybe staying up last night was not the best idea.

After the break, I walked back to my office and opened the door. I caught UK going through my desk drawer.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!" I shouted at him.

"You don't tell me anything about your life, so I decided to investigate. I found a nice gold ring, I thought you would have cast it to the fire of the volcano," He said smugly as he held my ring up to his eye. I snatched it off of him and put it in my pocket.

"Don't go through my things," I grunted.

"I don't remember you getting married," He said as he moved over to his side of the office.

"I'm not married," I lied as I sat down.

"Then where did you get the ring from?" He asked curiously.

"That is none of your business,"

"Tell me New Zealand, who is the mother of your triplets?". A darkened grin became visible on his face. I was not going to answer to him. I ignored him and got on with my work.

"I could play the guessing game, the obvious first guess would be Belarus, but you are 'just friends' right? Or, how about Japan?" He started guessing.

"What the hell! I would never steal Aussie's girl!" I shouted at the terrible remark.

"I heard you two kissed," He continued smugly.

"It's not Japan." I gritted my teeth.

"Hmm, then who? Give me a hint,"

"Go f#ck yourself!" I told him.

"That isn't much of a hint,"

"You know what? I'm leaving work early," I said as I stood up.

"It isn't even lunch yet, and UN won't let you leave this early," UK rolled his eyes.

"I'm not asking UN, she doesn't run my department. And you would be surprised at the bonuses that come out of treating your boss well," I said before shutting the door behind me.

I started to take the long walk to PC's office. I knocked on the door and waited to be let inside.

"Miss Pacific Community," I nodded as I walked in.

"I expected to see you today, New Zealand," PC greeted me.

"Yeah well, I need to leave work early, and since we don't have an HR, you know exactly what I am going to say," I said.

"Yes, yes. I know. UK will only be in the office until your brother is emitted out of hospital or UN finds him a new desk," PC explained.

"He is disrespecting my children and my personal space, you had better get him out of Aussie's office soon," I said back.

"You have the rest of the day off, see you tomorrow," PC said. I nodded my head respectfully and left.

I got into my car and planned to stop at a café to get another coffee. Since I had time, I could always see Aussie in the hospital and check on how my idiot of a brother is getting along. It would be earlier than normal, but I would be able to pick up the boys today. Yeah. I'll do that.