You've Grown Up, Frisk

I smile slightly as I walk through the woods, up towards a big mountain. Where everything started. Nostalgia hits me like a brick wall. It was the beginning of my small adventure into the underground where I met many friends. Many monsters who I loved so dearly. I feel the wind blow into my soft brown hair that has grown longer.

I wasn't that stupid little kid anymore. I had grown up. I wondered what Papyrus would think of me now. The small human who grew to be oh so close to him. My friend. As I walked up the mountain, I went down memory lane. Smiling once more as I remembered a certain skeleton that always made me laugh at his bad puns.

I gripped onto my bag, feeling my phone and laptop inside of it. I didn't want my stuff to get damaged, so I decided to hold onto it tightly. I finally made it. The wind still blowing, I stare down at the hole I fell into all those years ago. I remembered it like it happened yesterday. I remembered how the fall didn't hurt as much as I'd thought.

I remembered a certain flower being the first to greet me to the undergrounds. I gently slide some hair behind my ear, feeling the wind slightly pick up. I let out a content sigh and sit on the grass, enjoying my time here as much as I could. Being 20 really takes a lot out of you. Knowing that you have so many responsibilities.

I always felt like I would never visit this place again. I sniff and smile up at the sky. "I wouldn't mind going back..." I said, softly. I wasn't lying. I wished I could go back anytime I wanted. I wished I could visit everyone once more, telling them that I'm doing okay. I took out a notebook and a pencil, hoping to get some homework done.

I was still a college student after all. I thought it would be more... Peaceful, to do it here. Which it was. I enjoyed every second of it. Even while writing, I kept on thinking about the monsters in the underground. I've always wondered if they were doing okay. Maybe even great. I hoped they were living the best they could.

Finishing up my homework, I grab my phone out of the bag, checking the time. I sigh, feeling a little sad that I had to go so soon and said to myself, "Guess it's time to go." I slowly but gently pack up my things, taking a final look at the hole I fell into. Smiling again, I walk away. I knew I would visit this place again.

Although, one question still remained. When? When would I be able to have the time to come back? Would it be sooner or later? No one really knows. Only the future will tell me when it happens. Feeling my phone vibrate in my bag, I grab it once again and answer the phone. "Yes, I'm on my way back. Where?"

I stare back at the mountain, feeling peace once more.

"I was at a place that I love most dearly..."