Chapter 1

How did I end up like this? I felt like I was 12 all over again. I knew my friends should've been more careful. I knew it was an accident. But was it really? Was this meant to happen? Would they even tell someone what had happened? Or would they believe in those sayings of people never returning from Mt. Ebott.

Knowing them though, they most likely won't say anything. They only stuck with me because I was that 'weird' kid. I sigh, feeling the same yellow flowers that I landed on 8 years ago. I stare up, looking at the sky that barely showed itself. 'Why me. They should've been more careful.' I thought.

"Frisk, it's hard to believe that you've been here before."

"So, if you so called 'fell' down there. Would you be upset if I... Pushed you?"

Remembering my friends' words, I sigh once more. I didn't bother moving. I was too busy thinking. It didn't hurt, just like it didn't 8 years ago. So many memories washing over me like a tsunami. I remembered how Flowey had scared me and Toriel saved me. How sweet and loving she was. My very first mom. 

Even as I got older, I still consider her my mother. My very own goat mom. "I should get up." I say to myself, sitting up slowly. I look around, still sitting on the soft flowers below. "Howdy!" I flinch, hearing the familiar words that were said to me 8 years ago. I quickly stand up, finally seeing a flower staring my way.

"Flowey...?" I heard a hmm come from said flower. "Oh, Frisk? Is that you?" Flowey said, having that same smile on his face. "You've grown. I wonder if you're still as naive as before. Falling down here, again." I shake my head, suddenly feeling annoyed by him. "I thought you would have changed. Guess not." I say sarcastically.

"Hey, I've somewhat changed." I roll my eyes at the flower and said, "And I didn't mean to fall down... Again. But I was up there with some friends and..." I start to trail off, not wanting to say it was an accident. Now that I think about it, it really doesn't seem like an accident at all. I then found my bag lying on the ground.

"It doesn't matter, I guess." I finish, gently grabbing my bag off the floor. "So, in all seriousness, how have you been?" I was surprised at Flowey's change of attitude. He sounded like he really cared. "Fine. I started college not too long ago." I say, hoping that would satisfy him. I walk towards the flower and gently rub one of his petals.

Feeling the soft petal, I smile. "Thanks for asking, Flowey. I'll see you later." I said, finally walking off. I didn't bother to let him talk. To me, it was just nice to see him again. Even after all we've been through. As I walked a bit further, I heard someone else's footsteps. 'Could it be...?' I thought.

I remembered when I first fell, Toriel told me she walks around here every day. You know, just in case a human fell. I stop, hearing the echo of footsteps coming closer. "Do my eyes deceive me?" I hear a sweet and wise voice say. I knew who it was, practically feeling my eyes light up. I finally see Toriel emerge from the darkness.

She was giving that same smile as she did once before. It was like I was 12 again. "My child. If you were going to fall again, why did you leave the first time?" Toriel said, holding her arms out. I felt happiness wash over me and ran towards Toriel- No. My mother, with open arms. I hugged her tightly, feeling she was doing the same.

No words were exchanged. There didn't need to be. Only silence followed as we had our long hug. Once we pull apart, my goat mom holds my face gently. "My my, you've grown so much child." I couldn't help but smile. "I've heard... Thank you for noticing mom." I said, seeing her smile at that.

"Come. Let us go to my home. You'll be safe there." Mom says, holding my hand and leading me towards her home.

           =====

"Here you are, my child. Cinnamon butterscotch pie! I hope you enjoy it as much as you did when you first fell." I giggle a bit, taking a bite out of the pie mom made. It was so delicious. "Thank you. It tastes just as great as the first time." I said, taking another bite. I knew I was going to leave again, knowing I have a life up on the surface.

But I wanted to enjoy my time as much as I could. Seeing Toriel again made me so happy. I wanted to see everyone else... How are they doing? "I know this might break your heart but... I would need to leave again." I say, not wanting to keep my thoughts away from Toriel. Her eyes gave me a sad look. Although, she understood.

"I had assumed you would go back... My child, please just stay with me for a little while." Toriel pleads. I sigh, feeling that happiness never washing away. I want to feel like this more. I give her a smile and hold her paw, feeling the softness that came with it. I hold her paw up to my cheek and close my eyes. I didn't want to leave so soon.

"Can I stay for a couple days, mom...?" I ask. I loved this feeling. It makes me not want to leave. Ever. I could already feel her happiness from here. She gently rubs my cheek and says, "Of course you can, my child. Your room is all clean and fixed up." I was glad that she wanted me to stay just as much as I wanted.

"Mom, could I ask you something?" I heard a slight hum come from Toriel, telling me to go on. "How is everyone else? Is everyone doing alright?" I ask. Toriel goes quiet for a minute, thinking about her words. I thought it was going to be bad with all the silence though. "Everyone is doing great, my child. I bet they would all love to see you."

I was stoked and wanted to leave as quickly as possible. Although I didn't want to spoil the time I had with Toriel. "Mom... Would you mind if I visited everyone else?" Toriel looks at me and smiles, "Of course. Make sure you don't stay out to late my child. I wouldn't want to worry." I felt excitement bubble up inside me.

I wanted to jump up and down like a kid. I wanted to see Papyrus, Alphys, Undyne. "Can I leave now?!" I ask excitedly, trying not to sound like a child. Toriel laughs at my sudden excitement. "Of course. I'll be sure to call you when its dinner time." Toriel says, patting my head with a smile. "Thank you! I promise I'll be back!" I yell out.

I stand up quickly and hug her tightly. After that, I run down the stairs trying not to trip over my footsteps. I run down the long hallway, finally seeing the exit. I was hoping it wouldn't be as heavy. I remembered when Toriel had to open it because I was so small and weak. I get myself ready, lifting up my sleeves.

I grunt as I use all my strength to open the door. It actually opened. I was honestly surprised that I got it opened. I huff out and slowly leave, feeling a bit tired from using my not so strong strength. Opening that door couldn't ruin my happy mood though. I stand there with my hand on the wall, still trying to catch my breath.

"I gotta... work out... some more..." I huff out, wiping my imaginary sweat off my forehead. Once I finished having my huffing fit, I stand up straight and start walking to snowdin. I still remember the way. Which is great. "I can't wait to see them..." I say quietly to myself, feeling my face flush red.

"This walk seems to last forever though-" I groan out, rubbing my face.