Chapter 2

I stand nervously at the familiar house that I grew to love. It was freezing outside as always but I didn't care. I was nervous about knocking. I didn't know how Papyrus would react seeing me, let alone staying here for a couple days. I take a deep breath, feeling a lump in my throat. 'Will he even remember me?' I thought.

I swallow my pride and slowly knock on the door. I had hoped I knocked loud enough for anyone to hear that was inside. "I WILL GET IT!" I hear a loud voice, booming inside. I knew who it was immediately. I bite my lower lip, hearing his loud footsteps come near the front door. The doorknob finally turns and opens quickly, revealing it to be Papyrus.

Papyrus stared down at me, not expecting there to be a human at his door. We hadn't said anything, which felt like it lasted for eternity. "P-Papyrus...?" I say, making it sound like a question. I curse myself for stuttering. "HELLO HUMAN! WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE?" Papyrus said very loudly and proudly.

"WAIT... HUMAN?!" I flinch as his voice somehow got louder. "LITTLE HUMAN?! IS THAT YOU?!" I felt my nerves wash away and smile a bit. I stare up at the tall skeleton, remembering the red cape he always wore. "Papyrus... I missed you!" I yell out, jumping up and hugging his neck. I felt him hug me back, carrying me inside the house.

"IT MUST HAVE BEEN COLD OUTSIDE. YOUR SKIN IS FREEZING, HUMAN." As I breathe out a slight laugh, Papyrus makes me sit on the couch. "SO, WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE?" Papyrus asks again. I laugh nervously and scratch the back of my head. "Well... My friend's kind of... Pushed me down?" I watch as Papyrus makes a shocked face.

Well, the best shocked face he could muster up. "PUSHED YOU? WHO! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL TAKE CARE OF THESE FAKE FRIENDS OF YOURS! FRIENDS DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PUSH OTHERS!" Papyrus yells out, making me breathe out another laugh and said, "It's alright. It was worth it; I finally get to see everyone again."

"I really missed you. And the others. A lot... I would need to go back but I decided to stay a couple days. I'll spend as much time as I can with everyone." Papyrus seemed really touched by my words. They were the truth after all. "I MISSED YOU TOO, HUMAN. IT WAS LONELY WITH ONLY SANS'S HORRIBLE PUNS TO FILL UP THE ROOM." He said.

I widen my eyes a bit, almost forgetting that certain skeleton that was almost on my mind 24/7. "Papyrus, where is Sans anyway? I thought he would also be here." I say, looking around the living room. Sans was always so sneaky, I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to try and scare me.

"I DO NOT KNOW. BUT DO NOT WORRY, HUMAN! HE SHOULD BE BACK ANY MINUTE NOW!" Papyrus then stands up, fixing his red cape that was falling off slightly. "I WILL GO AND SEE IF SANS IS AT GRILLBY'S! STAY HERE HUMAN! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL FIND SANS AND BRING HIM TO YOU!" He yells out again, running out the door before I could stop him.

I sigh, smiling. "He sure hasn't changed. I adore him." I say to myself, laying down on the couch. I sigh out tiredly, closing my eyes. I didn't know how tired I was. Feeling my body try to fight sleep, I decided it wouldn't hurt if I took a small nap. I was positive that Papyrus would wake me up when he gets back.

'Just for a little...' I thought, finally letting sleep take over.

           =====

I groan tiredly as I heard a loud voice. I didn't want to wake up yet. I was just so tired. I wondered if it was because of all the stuff I did today. I had been overworking myself and trying to get everything done. I must have forgotten that I also need to take care of myself. I listen to the voice that was loud but also another voice that was soft.

The loud voice belonging to Papyrus, obviously. "SANS, JUST WAKE HER UP. THAT IS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO." I hear. I hear a deep groan coming from the other voice, now knowing it was Sans. "Looks like we're in a... boney situation." I wanted to laugh at how stupid he was with those puns. It was so dumb that it was funny.

"ARGH! SANS! STOP WITH THE PUNS!" Papyrus yelled out. "If you keep raising your voice, she'll wake up on her own." I sigh out, decided now I should get up. I sit up on the couch and rub my eyes, feeling tears prickle out. "See? She's already awake." I tiredly stare at the 2 brothers, feeling bothered.

"GOOD EVENING HUMAN! YOU ARE FINALLY AWAKE!" Papyrus yells out, his face glowing with happiness. Sans was only staring at my half-awake state. "Yup... I am now." I say, rubbing my eyes again. "I WILL BE MAKING MY FAMOUS SPAGHETTI! JOIN US FOR DINNER, HUMAN!" I hold my hand up, letting my feet hit the floor.

Once Papyrus leaves to the kitchen, it was silent. Not even a "hello" from Sans. I then looked around for my bag. "Where's my bag..." I sleepily say, not looking very hard. "Over there." I hear Sans finally say. I sigh with relief and grab it. I take my phone out, seeing the time. "8 huh?" I ask myself.

I look towards Sans to find him staring at me. "Frisk." I hum, letting him know I was listening. "What was the skeleton doing at the hockey game?" I shake my head, feeling my smile come on. "I don't know. Why?" I ask, hoping to get this horrible joke away. "Driving the zam-boney." Sans then started to laugh at bit.

He actually thought that was funny. Although, I couldn't help but start to laugh at the horrible joke. "At least you haven't changed. You're as lazy and bad at jokes as ever." I said, leaning back into the couch and dropping my phone next to me. I then see pink slippers walking closer to me. I only stare at Sans' slippers as he stops when he's close.

"You've grown up... A little too much, kid." He says. I look up at Sans, smiling at him. I remembered that tiny little crush I had on the skeleton. I still did, not going to lie. Even skeletons can be cute, I guess. "It's been a while... Sans. It's really nice to see you." I say back, still smiling at him. I watch as a blue hue rests upon his face.

Was he blushing? That was so cute. I knew I had a slight blush on my cheeks as well though. I was just hoping it wasn't as noticeable as Sans's blue hue. "SPAGHETTI IS DONE! COME TO THE KITCHEN!" We hear Papyrus yell. Sans and I both groan at his loud voice and walk over to the table that had 3 chairs.

The plates were set neatly on the table. I was hoping the food was editable because I was starving. I watch as Sans takes a bite, finally knowing I could eat it when he gave me a thumbs up. I take my fork and swirl up some of the spaghetti, taking a small bite. It was actually pretty good, considering Papyrus doesn't know how to cook very well.

"This is great. Thank you, Papyrus." I said, taking another bite. I would have to tell Toriel not to cook dinner tonight. "I AM GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING IT, HUMAN!" I laugh at him, seeing some spaghetti fall out of his teeth. "You got a little-" I say, poking to my mouth. I was trying to show him where the piece of spaghetti was.

Papyrus, being confused, gently put a boney hand up to his mouth. Sans groans and takes it out for him, throwing it on Papyrus's plate. "THANK YOU, SANS!" He said, eating another bite. I smile to myself, enjoying the company of these 2. My best friend's...

"Hey kid. Why are skeletons so calm?" Papyrus groans and hits Sans on the shoulder, trying to get him to stop. I laugh, waiting for the joke. "Because nothing gets under their skin." I laugh even louder at how stupid it was and Papyrus just groans, holding his skull as a result.