Prologue

Finney Blake was thirty-six minutes late to an afternoon study session with his best friend Robin Arellano. He wasn't planning on even going any more, he couldn't. He was sure Robin wouldn't understand, even if he didn't know the full story

You see, just around half an hour earlier, Finney was woken up by the cries of his younger sister Gwendolyn Blake. He knew what was happening at that moment and quickly sprung to his feet. As he walked around the corner he saw the brutal scene unfold in front if his very eyes.

His father, Terrence, obviously in a fit of drunken rage, was violently belting the girl in the kitchen as her desperate pleads for him to stop rang in his ears. Finney, being as small as he was for a thirteen year old boy could do nothing to help, and could only watch in horror.

Maybe he was scared of the punishment he would get, maybe he believed he just wasn't fit to stop a big man such as his father. Whatever the case was, he did nothing. His sister on the other hand, was not going to tolerate this

She had had enough. She squirmed away from her father and spun around to snatch a bottle of vodka from the kitchen counter. "HIT ME AGAIN AND I'M DROPPING IT!" She screamed at him and wiped tears from her face. "You drop that and I'll beat your ass twice as hard..." He said through gritted teeth. Finney knew this was truth, but again, he could do nothing to stop what happened next.

Finney flinched as the sound of shattered glass echoed across the house. His father stood in shock for just a moment before he grabbed her by the wrist and only did as he said he would.

Needless to say, after a few minutes of Finney only staring in shock, it ended. Qwen limped over to her brother as both children were instructed to 'go watch TV or something'.

Finney did what he was told and sat down, a look if disgust and anger at his father plastered on his face as he clenched his fists. His sister, sat next to him, dried tears staining her face, and new ones soaking into his shirt.

He decided to stay home after that, his sister was in no state to he left alone with that man. He couldn't be bothered to call Robin at the moment, though even if he did, there was no chance he would answer anyway...

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚! 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚. 𝙄 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩. 𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙋𝙊𝙑 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧!