Chapter Twelve

"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚." Griffin repeated once again, a habit the boys seemed to share, so they wouldn't forget. Each minute memories seemed to slip in and out of their mind before it was all gone. "You said that." Finney informed "He's not been sleeping." Griffin repeated once again "You said that too." Robin said, both boys growing slightly annoyed.

"Yeah? Well, he is now, in his chair." Griffin started "He passed out, waiting for you both to play." He finished and Finney groaned "What good does that do us?" He asked before suddenly, he remembered "Wait... The door is still unlocked..." He mumbled "The door is still unlocked..." Griffin repeated back to him, he sounded like he was smiling, but there was no way to tell.

"Do we just go?" Robin whispered and Finney shrugged. "There's a combination lock, on the inside of the storm door, the code was my bike lock." Griffin answered and Robin groaned "You're bike lock?" Finney questioned "Yeah, he took it... When he took me..." Griffin trailed off "Well what's the combination?" Robin asked "I don't remember..." He mumbled, "Griffin!" Finney said in a pleading tone "I remember I'd be afraid I'd forget it,  that's why I wrote it down." He said and Finney breathed a sigh of relief.

"What? Where?" He asked quickly "I carved it, with a bottle cap on the wall." He said and Finney nodded "Which wall?" He asked frantically "The one on the right of you guys, about shoulder height when you're sitting down. Robin nodded quickly " Can I...?" He asked and trailed off, Finney quickly understood and placed the flashlight into his hands, to which Robin rushed over to the wall and crouched down, looking for anything.

He ran his hands along the wall and shone the light around until, he found something. "2-3-3-1-7..." He muttered to himself and asked back over to Finney "Did you find it?" He whispered and Robin nodded "It's 2-3-3-1-7 I'm pretty sure." He muttered "Is it 2-3-3-1-7?"  He asked Griffin "If you say so." He replied and Finney groaned.

"But is it 23-31-7 or 23-3-17 or 2-33-17?" He asked "I can't remember..." Griffin mumbled "Griffin!" Finney said again "I can't remember!" Griffin replied a little louder this time. "You'll have to try them all, and you'll have to be very, 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 quiet about it." He said and Finney nodded. "Yeah... Okay, thanks." He said and put the phone back on the hook.

Both hesitated a bit, they remembered what Billy told them, if they we're caught...who knows what would happen. They eventually walked over to the door and opened it, trying not to make any noise. They made their way to the top step and Robin grabbed Finney hand "You try to codes, I'll look out for you, okay?" He said and Finney nodded. They opened the second door leading too the living room, revealing a particularly disturbing sight, Robin quickly looked away and turned Finneys attention twords him "Go!" He whispered and Finney scrambled over twords the storm door, Robin following close behind.

He clutched the lock in his hand, turning the job until the first code was complete '2-33-17'. He yanked on the lock but nothing came of it, it didn't work. The second code '23-3-17" still nothing, that left one more. He looked back at Robin, who had his back turned to him as he was watching The Grabber intently and then back to the lock, putting in the last code '23-31-7'.

He gave a hard tug on the lock, and it opened, but there was a problem, the loud click it made as it opened had awoken a specific someone. Samson, the dog, began barking loudly as Finney tore off the lock and threw it to the ground, shoving open the screen door and just ran.

They ran down the street as far as they could before the boys heard the sound of an engine speeding down the road, his van. Robin, was much faster than Finney, he could easily get away if he wanted to, that was if Finney wasn't caught. The Grabber shoved him down, hard on the grass and covered his mouth, holding a sharp blade to his neck. Robin just, froze, should he run? Should he give in? Should he 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩?

"You..." The Grabber said and glared at Robin "If you step another foot in any direction or make any noise whatsoever, I will not hesitate to remove the head of Finney Blake and make you watch..." He muttered, pressing the dull end of the blade against his neck.

Finney shook his head slightly and motioned with his free hand for Robin to leave, to go get help, save himself, but he couldn't, he couldn't be the one to get out of here, not without Finney. He nodded and just started down in the grass in the middle of the lawn, Finney looking at him confused and wide eyed, "Just go!" He tried to shout, but it came out muffled.

"I'm sorry Finn.." Robin simply said and turned away. The motion activated lights on the porches turned off and as soon as they did, The Grabber spun around and jumped on top of Finney "Nighty night naughty boy." He mumbled and with one swift punch, knocked the boy outcold. Robin on the other hand, willingly went back inside and watched as The Grabber dropped Finneys almost motionless body on the bed and shut the door.

They played the game, that was what he wanted, but not anymore. Robin, it was all because of Robin. If he did it, Robin wouldn't hold back. He ruined everything. What's the point keeping them if you don't get to have a little 𝙛𝙪𝙣,  but what's the point of letting them go after he went through all this trouble.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙉𝙊! 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙨, 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙪𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙪𝙥 𝙞𝙛 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩. 𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙄 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙍𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙛𝙛, 𝙄 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩, 𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙄 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚.