Chapter Five

Sittin on the recliner, drowning in bottles and bottles of alcohol, half used cigarettes scattered across the now stained carpet, and little Gwen Blake sitting in the room next door, watching television, trying to drown out all the bad things.

This wasn't what she wanted, far from it. She wanted Finney to see Robin but... not like this. Her dreams weren't any help not was her father, who was only resorting to the same pathetic coping mechanism he always did.

The cheerful music and cute characters displayed weren't lifting her mood, she thought watching TV was a distraction, that it would make her feel better like it always did, but that just wasn't the case. It was Finney, who sat next to her and did everything to make her feel happy again even if he wasn't himself, and now that he wasn't here, it's as if part of her wasn't either.

----

Robin... currently sitting awake on the mattress, his eyes darting between the door and the now asleep Finney, just hoping, waiting for something, anything. He wanted to do something, something to get them out of there, but with the current state he was in, that just wasn't possible.

He didn't examine the extent of his injuries, he didn't think he needed to, he wanted to just 'tough it out', but it seemed like each day it was getting worse. There was obviously something wrong, very wrong, but Robin wasn't going to admit that, not to Finney anyway.

He didn't stay up for long though, soon enough the exhaustion grew and he could hardly keep his eyes open. This happened every night, he just never had the energy to stay up, and hardly ever had the energy to make it through the next day.

Eventually he just layed down and shut his eyes, falling asleep almost immediately, but that only lasted a few seconds, or that's what it felt like. A familiar ring pierced the air and Robin quickly opened his eyes once again. He got up and looked over to the phone or  the wall, barely visible in the dim light. "Shut up... " he mumbled, not even knowing who he was talking to.

"Shut up!" He said a bit louder, stirring the now half awake Finney. "No no no no no, shh!" He said in response  not wanting to wake him. Robin quickly got up, stumbling only a bit, suddenly feeling a pain in his legs, it had lessened over the days but it still hurt when he put to much pressure on it. He caught his balanced and just rushed over to the phone, tugging on the hook until it stopped.

He turned around to go back to bed hit the phone rung again, he groaned and repeated the previous process but this time, it didn't stop. He took the phone on and off the hook but it kept ringing, he just grew more and more irritated, the noise seeming to get louder with each ring. He took it off the hook for a final time before slamming it back on with some force, finally silencing the noise.

"Stupid..." He mumbled and turned back  to the bed, to which Finney was now sitting up straight and rubbing his eyes. "Huh...?" He said confused and Robin groaned once again "Nothing, Finn." He said and Finney simply nodded, but did not make any attempt to go back to sleep until Robin was back by his side.

"What happened?" He asked slowly and Robin sighed "Just the phone." He said and Finney frowned, though didn't say anything else about it, even if he clearly had something on his mind. "Oh...okay..." He said and layed his head back down on the matress, Robin doing the same soon after.

Neither of them really knew what to say to eachother, the usual 'good night' really wasn't all that fitting for this situation, so they both just layed restlessly back to back in silence.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙃𝙞! 𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙨. 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙬 𝙤 𝙧 𝙙  𝙘 𝙤 𝙪 𝙣 𝙩. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙡 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙨𝙤 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝, 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮.