Chapter Three

Six hours, six days, however long it was, Finney Blake had woken up on a damp and musty mattress awkwardly placed in the center of a dark dusty basement. He couldn't see much, he could hardly even move, his entire body hurt, and his eyes, they were just filled with an overwhelming sense of pain.

His sense of time was completely warped and the only indicator that there even was still light out was a yellowish orange glow from the widow up ahead.

The mattress creaked as he slowly got up and looked around. Everything seemed to be blended together by the blur that seemed to surround him. Every time he turned his head his eyes stung even more.

Despite that, Finney was not scared, at first. He was in a state of shock and confusion and was having troubling thinking straight. Everything was hazy, the only thing he remembered is remnants of the event that took place just hours before.

All he knew at that moments was that he wasn't safe, he wasn't anywhere he recognized and something had very clearly happened to him. The realization started slowly, and then it just hit him, Finney Blake had been kidnapped.

He still wasn't scared, not at that moment, it seemed like his mind was delayed, be knew what happened but it was taking time to actually feel anything. The fear only set in when he felt the mattress shift from beneath him and a soft groan coming from a corner behind him.

He just froze. He was still very confused, he didn't know what to do and he didn't have any way to even know who was behind him. The person seethed in pain and that's when Finney gathered up the courage to finally turn around.

He couldn't see anything any better, all he saw was a figure, blurred, and barely visible with the quickly vanishing light, but it was there, hunched over and leaning against the wall. This terrified Finney, even more when he saw it move, just it's head to look up at him.

The person inhaled sharply, attempting a gasp but it never managed to come out. "Who are..." The person started in a harshly rasped voice, they didn't seem as scared as Finney, they also seemed to be in a little bit of shock, maybe dazed. It was quite obvious this person had just gotten up from some sort of sleep, whether voluntary, drug induced, or maybe they had simply been knocked out cold. Whatever the case, they were awake now, and that's what mattered.

Relief soon washed over Finney, he knew who it was, or that's what he thought. Just by that alone, the quiet voice, he still couldn't see much, nothing was harshly blurred but just enough that visible features were hard to spot, and the dim light only made it worse. Yet, he could hear perfectly fine, and that voice was familiar, too familiar.

He let out a sigh, almost a laugh, he was still processing things but the sense of familiarity he felt immediately calmed him, somewhat at least. "Robin?" He asked, it echoed across the walls for a few minutes as Robin just sat there. He had been down here for three days, he hadn't even seen the man who did this to him, and the first person he's seen in days just so happened to be Finney Blake.