𝗧𝘄𝗼

—————————————☏————————————
𝟱 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀

I woke up the next day, it was about 10:30. I groaned as I sat up still in my uncles bed. He was no longer next to me so I assumed he was either at work or in the living room. I peeled the sheets off of my body and turned my body so my legs were dangling off the edge. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a small key sitting on the bed side table. It looked quite similar to the one that unlocked the basement so I quickly snatched it up, and stuffed it in my pocket. My left leg hit the ground first. The cold wood making my body shiver. My second foot hit the ground and i wobbled a bit. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and yawned before beginning to walk out of the room.
I made my way towards the kitchen to see no one there so I then began to proceeded to the living room. There sat my dad, staring at the board in front of him covered in leads for the missing children with a pile of coke on the coffee table. Little did he know those missing kids had been right below him the entire time. "Oh, hey kid" he said akwardly as he tried to hide the heap of drugs in front of him. "I-Um thought you were at school"
"Albert said I could stay home today" I whispered. He mumbled a quiet "oh" before saying "come sit" he said patting the space beside him. I nodded slowly walking towards the sofa. I now saw Samson curled up sleeping on the floor beside him.

I took a seat next to my dad and sighed. "Soo...how have you been? I haven't seen you recently" my dad and I's relationship was awkward. I barely saw him even when I was living with him down in Durango or even here. He was often out with friends drinking and doing drugs leaving me alone at the house to fend for myself. When we lived with Albert I at least had someone to feed me and keep me company. "Good, I guess" I whispered, he nodded slowly "I know you were friends with some of these kids you think you could help?" He asked. Sometimes it seemed like he cared about his leads more than he did about me. I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't know if I could tell him. I knew my dad would instantly do something stupid that would get him, vance, and I killed. "I was friends with billy" I said quietly as I fidgeted with my fingers. He nodded as he touched the picture of billy on his board "yup billy showalter I remember him." He didn't he was barely around when I was friends with billy and definitely not around enough to had seen billy over at all.

"Is Albert home?" I asked, he shook his head before pushing his head down onto the coffee table and snorting up the rest of the white substance lining the table. I scrunched up my nose in distaste, I didn't understand how he could do that. Wouldn't it hurt? "Nah...he's at..work" he said in between coughs. I nodded before getting up and running over towards the kitchen. "Where you goin'?!" He shouted, "checking on something!" I shouted back as I slowly walked down the steps to the basements. My step quiet enough so dad wouldn't be able to hear them. The door was open yet again. I pushed the door open. vance was curled up on the mattress, his arms wrapped around his body, and his face buried into the mattress. He was asleep so I assumed I had enough time to make him and I breakfast so I turned around. I slowly made my way up the stairs.

I opened up the first set of cabinet's and stood up in my tiptoes reaching up for the second shelve for a box of instant oatmeal. I sighed once I got the box down onto counter. I pulled the last three packets out to see. there was a packet of strawberry flavor and two packets of blueberry. I figured that almost everyone liked strawberry so I chose the strawberry for vance and one of the blueberry for me. I then walked over to the second set of cabinets. I opened them and then stood on my tiptoes yet again. I grabbed two bowls and then walked back over to the packets of oatmeal. I ripped open both packets and poured them into their bowls. I then walked over to the sink, both bowls in hand. I sat both bowls down before turning on the water. Then I held the first bowl under the water filling it up until about 1/4 of the way. Then I proceeded to do the same with the other before walking over to the microwave.