Chapter Seventeen

Before this time, Seokjin had never had the opportunity to prepare food in a kitchen like the one he was in right now. Because there was such a large selection of items at his disposal, he had difficulty selecting what to cook for Taehyung. He was well aware that Taehyung did not approve of his plan to cook, but he was adamant about carrying it through since it was something he really wanted to do.

Taehyung had been cooking for them regularly since they met, and he believed it was about time for him to sample something he had prepared. While he wasn't even close to being as excellent a chef as Taehyung, he could still make a good dinner when necessary.

After considering what he might create for Taehyung, he concluded that for the first time he would cook for Taehyung, he would make something straightforward but nevertheless amazing.

****

It was impossible for Jin to determine from Taehyung's expression what he thought of the meal he had cooked. Because he was anxious about Taehyung's reaction to the meal he had prepared for him, he hoped that Taehyung would like it and wouldn't find anything objectionable about it.

Even though he had a lot of ideas about what to cook for dinner, he kept it relatively easy and created various gimbap, pork belly, and lettuce wraps. It was a meal that brought back fond memories of when he was at home with his parents. It was also something that his father was well-known for preparing, and it was something that Jin had learned to make and become skilled at. As a result, he wanted to share it with Taehyung in the hopes that he would enjoy all the flavors infused into the fillings he had chosen.

"I hope you will enjoy it."

"What makes you so sure I am not allergic to any of the ingredients you used to prepare this meal?" Taehyung questioned as he sat down, his eyes wandering over the food in front of him.

His question caught Jin off guard, but as a thought came to Jin's mind, he was able to respond without a doubt, "I should have asked that before preparing our meal. However, given my observation of you, I highly doubt you would have an ingredient in your home that you are allergic to, especially when you cook all the time.

If, for some reason, I did use something that you are allergic to, please let me know so that I can make changes, but once again, I find it hard to believe that an intelligent person like yourself would keep something in your home that you are allergic to if you live here by yourself."

"Okay." That was the only thing that Taehyung mustered up the strength to utter. Afterward, he started putting together his meal by selecting components from the trays.

Jin looked at him and pondered what was going on in his head while he did so, but he said nothing since he was at a loss for what to say in response. He was grateful that Taheyung was eating what he had prepared, and he interpreted Taheyung's silence as a sign that the meal was well received.

However, when the silence got intolerable for Jin, he made the decision to begin asking questions.

"So, I'm curious. Did you decide to become a sugar daddy for any reason?"

"No." Taehyung was quick to answer and kept eating despite the interruption.

Jin sighed, "So you-"

"Where did you learn to make gimbap?"

"My dad taught me how to. I know it's a simple dish, but I wanted to make it."

"There is nothing straightforward or easy about doing this. It might be easy for you to prepare, but others might not find it that way. I had no idea you were so skilled in the kitchen. What else are some of the things that you can make?"