Chapter Twenty

After Taehyung heard Jimin, he arched an eyebrow and gazed at Jin. He then stepped forward and pushed Jin aside in a gentle manner before he took off his shoes, put on the slippers that were at the entry, and closed the door.

Jin glanced at him in bafflement, but he didn't say anything since he didn't understand what Taehyung was trying to do. He continued to watch as Taehyung took off his jacket and was surprised as it came toward him; amazingly, he caught it despite his surprise.

"It's quite warm here. Doesn't the air conditioning work?" Taehyung inquired as he folded up the sleeves of his shirt.

"It's probably turned up, but we can turn down the air conditioner. Jimin and I don't like it when it's too cold." Jin couldn't stop looking at how attractive Taehyung was. He just couldn't get over it. He pondered the causes of his divorce outside his own domineering personality and the reasons he was now living the way he was.

Taehyung didn't say anything as he turned and headed into the kitchen. Jin's eyes widened in shock, and he quickly followed. He was taken aback by Taehyung's presence in his apartment since he had never entered before or even attempted to. He always showed up and requested for him to leave with him.

Jimin was surprised when he saw Taehyung, and the cup he was holding fell back onto the counter. "Hello, I didn't realize we had a visitor. How's it going?"

"Does Jungkook know how much of your time you spend meddling with matters that are none of your business?"

"Excuse me?"

"Do you think I would believe that the markings on Seokjin's neck are related to his allergies?"

As Jimin considered Taehyung's friendship with Jungkook, his lips briefly opened, and then he quickly closed them again. During the time that he was considering his response, he first stared at Jin and then at Taehyung.

"I'm sorry, I was unaware that you were here. I am also unsure of the topic to which you are referring. Did I mention that any marks on Jin were caused by allergies? I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are trying to say or what you will mention to Jungkook, as I am someone who minds my business. I must point out that Seokjin is also my business. Moreover, he is my best friend, so whatever concerns him also concerns me.

Because I am aware that Jungkook places high importance on friendships, I am certain that he will understand my interference in any situations that pertain to Seokjin."

Jimin secretly hoped that Taehyung would not share his words with Jungkook. Despite this, he would not be a coward and remained silent when Taehyung approached him in the way he did.

"We will see if Jungkook agrees when I-"

"Here, I thought you were here to see me, but I suppose you are more fascinated with seeing my best friend than seeing me. "

Before Taehyung could finish his conversation with Jimin, Jin intervened and cut him off. According to what he had learned about Jungkook, he knew that Jimin did not need Taehyung to contact him.

Jin's words took Taehyung off guard, and he immediately turned his attention away from Jimin and onto Jin. He then made a gestural invitation for Jin to approach him and said, "Come over here. I am here to see you. Why would you think anything different?"

"Doesn't feel like it." Following his response, Jin turned his attention to Jimin and said, "Would you mind if Taehyung and I had a minute to ourselves, please?"

As he swiftly exited the room, Jimin grinned and gave Jin a thumbs up before continuing on his way.

When Jimin left, Jin went to Taehyung and said, "You've never been to my apartment before. You must have wanted to see Jimin a lot."