Chapter 1: The artifact

The day started like no other, late for work at Pigsy's and several orders to deliver. Of course, finding you now to behold a magic staff and powers from someone you admired for so long, plus having to worry about a certain demon couple adds a bit more to MK's day. MK thought nothing of it, he just thought "Cool, new powers, sure there are ups and downs but I have THE Monkey King here to help me! How hard could this be?" MK booked it down to Pigsy's shop to greet everyone only to see a stack of noodles waiting for him,

"Hey kid, get a move on, people are awaiting their noodles!" "Alright, alright!" he says as he grabs the giant stack of noodles to stuff in his tuk-tuk,  once everything was ready, he put on his headphones, turned on the music and GPS and drove to the first delivery Unlike others days, there weren't many people delivering noodles, for MK it was a bonus, less work to worry about, so after delivering 5 to 6 different noodles, he went straight to Monkey King to train.

Monkey King was watching The Monkey Kid Series until MK barged in, "Well, you came early." "There were barely any orders today," MK pulled out his staff and then started fiddling and swinging it around "So, what job do you have for me today?" Monkey King pauses the show, noticing his snack was finished, "Uhm, you can pass me another bag of peach chips?" Monkey King points to a pile of snacks, MK grabs the bag and chucks it, hitting Wukong in the back of the head,

"I'm serious! Did you forget? DBK and his wife are still out there, trying to rule China, maybe the world!" Monkey King aggressively opens the chips and eats them in MK's face, he muffles "Listen, I understand what you're saying BUT you interrupted my binge-watching hour and have given me a new bag of chips to finish,"

MK pouts, Monkey king swallows his food so he can properly talk, "so, when I am done, THEN I will train you." MK hugs Monkey King's arm and gives him sad eyes, "C'mon! Please!" Monkey King sighs, no one can say no to that face,  "Alright, you win." Monkey King shuts off the TV, "Let's go." MK smirks, "The eyes have worked again."

TIME SKIP

After hours of training and chores, Monkey King stood, completely unfazed by the hardcore sparring he did, next was MK lying down, tired, next to him. "Alright, let's take a break. You did a good job MK!" "...Thanks" Monkey King carried MK over his shoulder and walked back into his house. Both of them stayed on the mountain with Monkey King watching his series on MK's phone as MK was looking at stolen artifacts in the hoarding room.

"You stole ALL of these!?" MK screams outside of the room's door, "I wouldn't call them stolen, just borrowed without asking." Monkey King replied, hooping his third chip bag into a trash pile. MK looked in awe at everything he could see, "All of these hold so many stories, this is so cool!" MK was so focused on the objects that he accidentally bumped into a cabinet causing something on the top shelf to fall. "Oh crap!" MK was about to put the object back but this one caught his eye. MK runs to Wukong and calls from behind him, "Hey, Monkey King?"

"Yeah?" MK waved the object around for him to see. "Who did you steal THIS from?" Monkey King turns to make another joke but freezes at the sight of the artifact. It was an ancient scroll covered in a red clay cylinder seal and it was covered all over in bundles of dust. "How did you- I thought I hid that!?" Monkey King immediately snatched the scroll off MK and started wiping the dust off with a cloth, "Sorry Monkey King, I saw it roll off the top shelf, wasn't a good hiding spot."

MK awkwardly chuckles at his attempt to lighten the mood but Monkey King shows no response. The room goes silent for a few seconds until MK decides to speak. "What's so bad about this scroll?" Monkey King hesitates and fidgets with the scroll. "C'mon Monkey King, if it's something serious then I should know too!" MK reaches for the scroll but Monkey King pulls it away. "You shouldn't have to, this was ancient stuff, and like you said we have DBK to worry about!" "What if it's a powerful weapon and DBK finds out about it? Then what?"

Monkey King thought for a moment, MK raised a good point, this would be bad if DBK even remembered them, after some thought, Monkey King gave in. "Alright, sit down I'll tell you." MK's eyes widen "Wait really?" "Yeah." MK sits down on the couch with his legs crossed. "Lay it on me SWK!" Monkey King lets out a chuckle and sits back down next to MK, "Alright kid, I'm not as good as your glasses friend, so bear with me."

"Alright! Tell me everything!"

Author note:
Hello, sorry I kept republishing it, I wanted to fix up stuff. Anyway, I'll add more soon so see you in the next chapter!

Edit: I like how this low-key parallels the start of season 4