Chapter 6: Fire without oxygen

MK opens the scroll, "Okay! Now we have to go to the top of Mystic Mountain!" Both MK and Macaque stop walking in front of the mountain and look up in sync. Both quietly stare until MK breaks the silence with a groan, "This is gonna take forever..." Macaque chuckles, "C'mon you're the Monkey Kid! Besides, we can just staff-ride it there." MK processes that and facepalms, "Right, of course... I am so tired. Wait, sorry to say, but you look heavy, I don't know how I can carry you."

Macaque smirks, "Who said you had to carry me?" MK stares confused, Macaque then immediately pulls out a staff, it was similar to Wukong but purple and had spikes. "Woah! That looks so cool!!" MK's eyes sparkle looking at Macaque's staff, he gently lifts his hand to touch it but the staff is pulled away from him. "Alright, no fooling around, let's get that fire!" Macaque grips his staff with two hands as it extends up the mountain, MK watches in awe, "He's so cool!" MK too grips his staff as it extends up the mountain, his ride up was more rocky compared to Macaque, his staff wobbled the entire time but they didn't fall.

Macaque had already reached the opening in the mountain and retracted the staff with ease. Meanwhile, MK had to readjust the length of his staff just so he could get in and ended up falling on his face next to Macaque when he finally made it. Macaque started laughing as MK got up and blushed in embarrassment, "Haha... very funny." Macaque smiled and pat MK's head, "It was. Welp, we made it." Both MK and Macaque look forward, and facing in front of them was a massive two-way door. 

The door had the same symbols as the ones on the mountain drawing, the three symbols were horizontally aligned, with one on each door and a giant one split halfway between both doors, and around the symbols, there are markings of fire. MK stares, astonished, he finally made it to the Samadhi Son's prison, Macaque lightly jabs MK to get his attention, "That's your queue, kid." "Oh! Right!" MK pulls out the scroll and opens it, he stares for a moment. "I just realized... how do I open this?" 

Macaque sighs, "Don't worry, I'll do it, just hand me the scroll." MK hands Macaque the scroll, and Macaque fidgets with the scroll a bit. Macaque walks in front of MK and faces the door, he raises his empty hand and faces the scroll in front of the door. The door markings and scroll begin to glow an imperial red, the glow quickly surrounded Macaque until the glow turned into a raging circle of fire around him. "MACAQUE!!" MK yells in shock, he begins to try blowing out the fire with his mouth, then fans the flames with his hands.

"Kid!!" Macaque called from inside the circle of fire, "Macaque! You alright??" "Yup, now shush, I'm trying to focus!" A gust of wind blew around like a minuscule typhoon then blew the fire up above Macaque's head until the fire blew into smoke. The scroll in Macaque's hand suddenly poofed into lotus petals in front of both of them. Silence filled the area until the door markings were unlit and started to open inward. MK and Macaque stare jaw-dropped and MK begins to jump with joy. "WOOHOO! We did it!" Macaque smiles, still staring at the entrance, an idea clicks in his head as he hears MK's cheers, it wasn't a good one...

"Hey, MK," MK stops cheering and turns to Macaque as an arm gets wrapped around the back of his neck, "Before we go in, I have something to say," Macaque says as they both walk near the edge of the mountain and stare at the view. "Thank you for all the help, kid. Really, I'm proud of you." MK smiles at the approval, he didn't hear that often. Macaque gives a villainous grin and finishes his words, "But now, I don't need you anymore..." Without giving MK any time to react, Macaque shoves MK, causing them to fall off the edge.

Macaque looks down at MK as his screams begin to fade as they fall, "Thanks again Monkie Kid!!" Macaque lets out a mischievous cackle before turning back to the door and walking towards the open doors. The inside was pitch black, Macaque brought out his staff as a source of light, "Alright, I know what you are, come out before it gets messy!" Nothing responds, "Hellooo, Samadhi fire boy! Hurry up, I don't have all day!" Nothing again, "Ugh, shouldn't have followed that brat..." Macaque turns to the exit but the doors close in on him. "Wha- HEY!!"

Before Macaque can bust it open, a spark ignites behind him, the spark then turns into a mini imperial flame. The glow from the flame revealed a face behind it, Macaque turns to the being with his staff ready. The being's eyes begin to glow white and its hair began to flare up. Torches light up from around the room, the walls appeared burnt and scratched and past structures were reduced to pieces and dust. Macaque stands in amazement, and a bit of excitement, the immortal in front of him appeared hostile and ready to fight if he made any movement.

Macaque chuckles, "Alright, spicy," Macaque swings around his staff and moves into a fighting stance, "Let's dance!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
FINALLY, IT'S RED BOI! HE'S HERE! THE MOMENT Y'ALL WAITED FOR HAS COME! Anyway, motivation has been smacking me with a shoe, I can't stop making more parts + finishing exams and assessments so I have plenty of time now. I had a lot of fun with this one, IDK why I really loved it. That's all, see you all in the next chapter!