Chapter 12: Fear The Flames

"Is that... my family?"

"FEAR ME! FOR I AM THE DEMON BULL KING! THE NEW RULER OF THIS LAND!" The Demon Bull King roars, destroying whatever was in front of him. "Demon Bull King!?" Tang calls from behind the front door, Mei steps out with her jade blade in hand, "Ohoho, if he thinks he can try taking us on again... he's got another thing coming!" The gang begins to prepare for a fight, "Shouldn't we wait for MK? He can-" Tang attempts to reason but Pigsy interrupts his partner, "He and Monkey King will get here, but in the meantime, we fight." Tang shushes himself and nods.

"Red Son! Get back inside, who knows what he will do if he sees you!" Sandy exclaims while turning to Red, "What? But-" Mei pushes Red away from a blue, electric spark heading towards them, getting hurt from the impact. "MEI!!" Red Son runs to Mei, she wasn't in constant pain but the shock kept her down. "R-Red... getaway, you'll get hurt!" "No! I'm not leaving!" In the distance, Red sees the rest of the team down as well, even Sandy was wounded.

Mei got on her knees and grabbed Red Son's shoulders for support, she stares off at the destructive beast in front of them, "He's gotten stronger... I think it's those canisters." Mei attempts to stand but feels her legs wobble slightly, Red tries holding her so they wouldn't fall. "Mei, you're still not okay!" Mei pushes Red Son off her, "I have to at least stall for MK! I can handle this!" Bull King charges toward the team in front of him, Mei jumps toward him to land a hit. Bull King grabs her with his fist and begins to crush her. "MWAHAHA! YOU THINK PEASANTS AS YOU CAN STOP ME! YOU ARE NOTHING!"

Bull King throws Mei onto the floor, as the smoke clears from the impact, Red Son sees Mei quiver as they attempted to stand back up. Something in him snapped, like all of their vision grew red. Imperial flames raged around him, lifting her off the ground, Bull King's eyes look up at the being before him, and he felt his eyes flicker as he snapped back for a second. His beloved wife, Princess Iron Fan, who was causing harm behind the scenes, looked over her lover's back, gasping at who she realized it was. Bull King heard whispers echoing in his head, "Enemy... They are a traitor... Kill them..."

Bull King growls at his reunited child as if he was a long-term rival, "YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND AGAINST ME!?" Red Son gives no reply. Mei gains slight conscience ness and looks up at Red Son with slight fear. Was this Red Son's true power? Was this what that 'Macaque' dealt with in the tomb? "Red... wait..." Red Son couldn't hear her friend's voice, it was muted by his rage, her temper began to build as they yelled and flew toward the Demon Bull King to fight.

Meanwhile...

BOOM!!

Wukong and MK jump at the sound and fall off the couch, "WHAT WAS THAT??" Wukong runs out to see for himself, he sees dark, imperial flames mixed with hints of royal blue. "We got to go! Now!" Wukong spawns a cloud, and MK hops on, "What's going on!?", the cloud flies straight towards the city, "I saw flames, most likely from Red Son! Someone may be after them!" Wukong responds with his eyes facing forward. MK felt mixes of fear and anger swirling in his mind, "We gotta help them!" Wukong nods and speeds toward the city, he knew who it could be, but he prayed he was wrong.

"Mei! Kid, are you alright?" Pigsy carries Mei by wrapping her arm over his shoulder, "Y-Yeah... Wait Red-!" "It's no use..." Tang comments next to Pigsy, "They can't hear us." Sandy was still on the road trying to call out to Red Son, "Red Son! RED SON!" Red Son was already getting himself heated during the fight. Both the Bull King and Red Son were giving each other burns and bruises, Bull King was growing tired while Red was still persevering. "YOU BRAT! I'LL CRUSH YOU INTO DUST!" Demon Bull King grabs Red Son, attempting to crush him like Mei. Red Son screams and shoots fire out of her face, hitting Bull King directly in the chest.

Demon Bull King falls to the floor, dropping Red Son, as he winces from the pain, Red Son readies to blast him more, not noticing someone swoop in front to protect him. As the flame dies down, a body flops onto the floor, half on the woman's cloak singed in ashy flames. Her wind staff dropped right next to her, it was obvious she was still conscious, she shivered at the pain, tears streaking down her face, and felt her body ache. The Demon Bull King looks down to see, it was his very own wife, he yells with pure fury plastered on his face.

The team looks over in shock, Mei felt her legs quiver again, she wasn't scared of Red Son, she was scared of what Red Son could do. They just witnessed him almost kill her possible mother and still standing. She looked up to see if there was a reaction, there was one, not one she fully expected. Red Son looked down at the familiar body in front of her as the Bull continued to scream. He felt themself shake, her ears began to ring again with the cries that continued to fade away from the city, the yelling from his "father."

He felt something leak out of her eyes as they processed everything, they wiped it off with his hand, looking down to see clear liquid that continued to fall off and evaporate quickly from the heat. They felt dark emotions flare around like the fire he possessed, what has she become? What was he now? Nothing but a disappointing monster... "RED SON!!" Red Son turns to see Sun Wukong and MK flying toward them. "...MK?"

The cloud evaporates as MK and Sun Wukong run towards Mei and the others, "MEI! WHAT HAPPENED TO-" "I'm fine MK. It's Red Son that needs help!" Everyone turns, as Red Son was distracted, Demon Bull King grabbed them and chucked her into a building opposite of the group. Wukong inspects Demon Bull King further, "The canisters on his back! They must be giving him power! It must be destroyed!" Sun Wukong turns back to the group, "You guys get Iron Fan out of the way! DBK won't like it if his wife doesn't make it out of this. I'm gonna destroy those canisters, and MK." MK looks towards Wukong "Yeah?"

"Get through to Red Son! Or else they might cause more destruction than they already have!" MK nods and the team splits. Wukong charges toward Demon Bull King, Tang, and Sandy grab PIF to carry her out of the chaos, Pigsy stays with Mei due to her still in pain and MK runs to Red Son. "RED SON!" Red Son lays on top of the rubble of the building, he flinches when she hears MK. "MK? Is that..." MK pulls up Red Son gently so that they are sitting up slightly, "Yes! Yes, it is me! Don't worry, it's okay I... Red Son?"

Tears streak down the demon's face, he coughed through her wails, "Red Son! Hey, hey! It's okay!" "NO, IT ISN'T! LOOK AROUND!" MK jumps at Red Son's raised voice, "I HELPED CAUSE THIS! I DESTROYED THE CITY AND HURT SOMEBODY! I- I CAN'T EVEN BE FREE OUTSIDE OF THAT STUPID TOMB! I SHOULD'VE JUST SHRIVELLED UP IN THERE FOR ALL ETERNITY!" Red Son breaks down, letting out the bottled-up rage and negativity she had kept inside. Flames surrounded him, growing with their temper, "Red Son, please!"

MK gets slightly pushed back by Red Son's heatwave, feeling his clothes burn away slowly, but perseveres, "I get that you're upset! Trust me! I know what it's like to have power, you don't know how to control!" MK pushes forward, spreading their arms wide, "To feel like the fate of the world is in your hands and you have no idea, what to do!" MK wraps his arms around Red Son, tight, Red Son freezes a bit, "But trust me when I say, I won't leave you! I won't cause you pain! I will be here for you! Because...

You mean the world to me! And I'm not letting that world end on my watch!"

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
HEHEHEHE! TOLD Y'ALL TO SOAK IT IN! That's all I can say for now. Also sadly story 1 is almost over. Yes, I said Story 1, wanna know why? I decided to extend the AU to seasons 2-4! I'm too fixated on this fic to end it so soon. But for now, we must focus on the present! So see you in the next chapter!