Chapter 7: Set ablaze

This chapter contains a character's attempt at manipulation and implied minor self-harm (character punching themself) If that bothers you in any way, scroll to the bottom I will put a summary there just in case. 

"Thanks again Monkie Kid!!" Those words echoed through MK's head as he was falling, he got tricked, like an idiot. There was nothing MK If he had not agreed to let Macaque join, maybe his questions would've been answered... "Kid!" That voice sounded familiar, was it Macaque again? No... it was Wukong. MK was quickly grabbed mid-fall by his mentor in his somersault cloud, "MK! Are you alright?" "M- Monkey king?" Working places him on the cloud and stares at the mountain, "What... did you do."

MK starts sweating and shaking, they feel a mountain of guilt, more extensive than the one he just fell off, "I- I let out the son! There was this guy who looked like you, his name was Macaque, he volunteered to help and I said yes! He helped me open the door, said he was proud of me and then pushed me off the cliff! The scroll is now petals, Macaque is with the son, Pigsy's going to kill me, AND I'M SORRY!!" MK began bawling his eyes out, he was ready for a lecture or to get hit in the head but...

"MK, look at me. It's okay, we can still fix this." Wukong gently places his hands on MK's shoulders, MK slowly wipes his tears and tries controlling his hearing. "How? You said it was a team effort." Wukong scratches his head, "Welp, you, I guess. Besides, you started it so you're helping finish it. Ok?" MK thought for a moment, maybe it was for the best. No, they can compromise so no one gets hurt. "Alright... but what about Macaque?" Wukong freezes for a second from hearing his name but brushes it off. "Pssh, what about him? We can handle it." Both nod in agreement and Wukong directs the cloud back up the mountain.

Meanwhile
"Alright, spicy, let's dance!" The being begins to fire uncontrollably, Macaque dodges with ease, jokingly yawning in the process, "C'mon, you can do better than that! Dang, your parents would be sooo disappointed." Something in that final sentence sparked something in the immortal, as they began to repeatedly hit themself in the face, each hit resulted in a small giggle or cry. Macaque watched confused and shocked at what he was looking at, "Is the pain making him stronger?" all he knew was whatever that kid was doing, definitely helped.

The being's entire face began to spit out flames, aiming directly at Macaque who was not fast enough to dodge properly. Macaque dropped to the floor, with the right side of his body singed and burnt, the pain was too much for him to handle, and he lay defeated as the body of fire stepped towards him to finish the fight. With the last amount of strength he had, he grabbed his staff and swung it at the being's face, scratching its cheek. The hit caused all of the fire to cool down until all that was lit was their hair. Macaque looked up, seeing the beast for what it truly was.

The son had slightly ripped shorts and a singed singlet, the burns looked fresh yet old. Their hair was down and a close-to-black colour, it was still lit up and bright with an imperial glow around it. Their entire body quivered slightly, and they cried as if they had never felt such pain. The being had removed their hands from their face and stared down at Macaque with a feared and almost cross face. Macaque stood back up after regaining energy and glared at the demon in front with disappointment, "This is the powerful Samadhi Son... you're just a grown child."

The being stared with a mix of confusion and alarm, Macaque grins, "Still, you're valuable as a weapon, with a power like yours, I could smite Sun Wukong and your rotten meat dad." As Macaque speaks, dark purple shadows wrapped the demon's hands and ankles,  pulling them down to the floor. The fire demon pulled on the restraints with all their might but nothing budged, "Don't worry, you won't be awake to feel the pain." Macaque raises his staff to deliver a final blow but hears a raging clash from behind, causing both doors to swing back open.

Wukong and Mk stand at the door staring at Macaque, "Heh, long time no see Wukong," Macaque smiles waving at MK "good to see you survived the fall Kid." MK's anger grew at the last comment, he wanted to pull out the staff and jam it in his skull, it was what he deserved right? "Listen Macaque, just let them go, you don't know what you are risking here." Wukong attempted to compromise, "Who? This?" Macaque points his staff at the helpless demon next to him, "Oh, please, I know the risks, plus, with a bit of 'persuasion' I won't have to worry about this thing causing risks."

"That 'thing' is a living being like you! Not a weapon!" MK yelled out of pure rage, Wukong attempts to pull him back slightly so that he doesn't get himself hurt. Macaque groaned at the comment, "Aight this is getting boring, you want this, come through me first." Wukong chuckles, "As you wish old friend..."

Summary:

Wukong saves MK from falling and Wukong agrees to help fix MK's mistake. Meanwhile, Macaque fights with Red Son until Red Son is weakened, Macaque ties them in his shadows and tries to knock them out. Wukong and MK make it back up the mountain, wukong tries to comprise meanwhile MK is filled with bloodlust. Macaque challenges Wukong to a fight, wukong accepts and then cliffhanger.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
"GASP! CLIFFHANGER AGAIN?? BLUEBERRY YOU NASTY CREATURE!!" Haha, yeah :]. This one probably isn't my best one, I think I got a bit lazy, oh well! Hope you all enjoyed it, see you in the next chapter!!

Extra note: Posted chapters 1-4 + clarification on Ao3 for friends who only have Ao3, will post more asap!