Chapter 3: Plan in motion

MK POV:

I left my apartment at 12 am, I couldn't sleep, I needed to see this 'Samadhi Son' for myself! I packed my bags with snacks, water, and spare clothes, snuck out the window, hopped in my Tuk-Tuk and drove out of the city. 

Halfway through the drive, I realised, "How the heck is this gonna work? How do I see this guy without breaking him out? Monkey King said it was a team effort to seal them in, c'mon MK think!" All the plans I had in my head ended in me having to set them free, but I couldn't! I can't risk the entire universe for an answer, but... that kid has been in there for years, with no family or friends, or parents to visit.

I had no more options, I had to set them free, but again, another 'how' question. I started to remember the scroll from yesterday, that weird symbol on it, is it some key, and the mountain drawing had that three of those symbols drawn into it, maybe the son is in there? With all the info I knew, I finally had a plan!

Ok, this was the plan, first, go to Flower Fruit mountain, and steal the scroll from his room, second, locate the temple in the scroll, it looks like that lantern city somewhere near the snow, third, head up to the mountain next to it, which looks like the mystic mountain and fourth, set the Son free... somehow. Sounded like a good plan!

Third-person POV:

3 am

MK drove to Flower Fruit Mountain taking a secret route all the way to the mountain. MK left the Tuk Tuk at the bottom and climbed inside, once MK made it to Monkey King's house, he saw multiple monkeys sleeping around the house, they were so close to each other that it looked impossible to walk through without waking one up.

MK internally panicked "Oh no, if I step on any of them, I'm dead! Ok relax, think of it as one of those tile traps, step on it and you're dead. C'mon MK, you can do this." MK took a deep breath and started making their way through the monkey maze.

MK had to walk on his toes, in case his heel landed on a monkey's tail, they had made it halfway until MK started losing his balance. MK was so close to falling, that he had one leg up in the air and swung his arms around trying to regain balance, but that made it worse, the leg that held him up started to shake. MK was nervously sweating, if they fell he'd get busted by Monkey King and he'd never be able to get that scroll!

Suddenly, MK saw a spot where he could place his foot, without second thoughts he stomped his foot on the opening, the area was filled with a midlevel thud. MK froze and looked around to see if any monkeys noticed, but they were all asleep, MK sighed with relief and continued until he reached the end.

Finally, MK approached the house,  he snuck in through the window in Wukong's artifact room and started silently looking. They checked the drawers, the area he originally found it, and a bunch of piles on the floor and found nothing, he began to panic. MK started pacing back and forth to calm themself down and racking his brain to look for a solution.

"Where is it? If Monkey King finds me, I'm DOOMED! Ok, MK, pull yourself together, there must be a way, there always is." MK froze in realisation and gasped, "My gold vision... thing! Of course, that should help! I forgot I had that." MK activate his gold vision and started re-checking the area, but still no results.

MK fell to his knees, defeated, and looked to the floor, then he saw a glowing cylinder, "Hah! I found it! The gold vision worked!" turns out Monkey King hid the scroll under a floor plank, MK silently yanked off the plank (Don't ask how he just did) grabbed the scroll and headed back to the window.

Thankfully, Monkey King wasn't there to notice MK come and go. After MK finally got the scroll, he drove FAR from Flower Fruit Mountain, while cheering for his success, "Yes! Part A of Free The Son complete!" after more whooping and cheering at themself, he parked his tuk-tuk on the side of the road and started looking through the scroll.

MK kept focusing on the artwork of a little village with the mountain next to it, it had to be the Lantern village and the Mystic Mountain. That meant a journey that could last all morning. "Oh man, Pigsy's gonna kill me when he realises I'm missing..." MK starts to consider giving up and acting like he didn't just steal an ancient scroll, but snapped back "No, I already made it this far, I can't turn back now." 

MK then continued his drive up to Lantern Village, "Sorry Pigsy, sorry Monkey King, but I need my questions answered." MK thought during his drive. Little did he know, a certain shadowy figure was following him the entire time...

Author's note:
Wow, two published parts in one day?? Yeah, I was almost done and felt like finishing part 3. I know it's taking a while to get to the Red Son part of the story but we'll get there... soon. Anyway, hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you in the next chapter!!