Chapter 9: Clearing Up Tension

"Do not fear child, your destiny is yet to be fulfilled..."

The demon's eyes wake to see a village in flames, civilians screaming and running left and right. They looked down at herself, he appeared younger, like the days before his imprisonment. A young soul with an unstable power... "The child is out of control! We have to stop this, now!" In front of them stood three familiar figures, a monkey, a princess, and a large bull... The ground below the demon vanished as he fell into a dark void, reaching her hand out for anyone to reach. Images began to flicker in his mind, a singed wasteland, three multicolored rings surrounding him, and them standing in all chaos with her face appearing blank and cold. As their screams echoed in the air, all light blew into darkness...

"Red Son? RED SON!" Red Son wakes with a little yelp, he looks around for any flames or destruction but only sees a bright blue sky, and MK, who was holding Red Son close as she slept. "You ok? You were shaking while you slept!" Red Son nodded, "M-Mhm." "Ok good." Wukong landed the cloud in an alleyway next to Pigsy's noodles, "Alright, you and Red Son walk the rest of the way." "Why aren't you coming?" "Not in the mood for possible fans. See you soon kid." Wukong transforms into a bird and flies away. "Wait! I- Ugh. Ok, let's go, Red Son."

Both walk to the entrance, but before they could walk inside, the door bursts open with Pigsy standing there, rightfully pissed. "Where... have... you... BEEN?" Both MK and Red Son jumped back clinging on to each other, "I'M SORRY PIGSY, I- I CAN EXPLAIN!" Pigsy spots Red Son, and his anger shifts into confusion, "Who is that?" Red Son Son's grip grows tighter, almost squeezing MK. "I-It's a friend! Just let me inside so I can explain!" Pigsy growls, "Fine, it better be a good explanation." All three walk into the restaurant, Mei, Tang, Sandy, and Mo are sitting around the shop in their usual seats.

"MK!" Mei runs up to MK and hugs him tight, "You're okay! You aren't dead! Where were-" "Hehe, yes Mei! I'm okay! Sorry for worrying you." Mei turns to Red Son, still hanging onto MK, "Who's the red boy?" "Oh um." MK grabs Red Son's hood and lowers it to reveal his face properly. Tang stands from his seat, "Is that the Samadhi Son!?" Pigsy turns his head towards Tang, "The Salami what?" "The child with the power of the Samadhi Fire, he's supposed to be sealed in Mystic Mountain."MK stared confused, "How do you know about that story?"

Tang looks at him disappointed, "How do you not know? It's mentioned in Journey To The West. Briefly but still mentioned. Plus, I did further research online." MK nervously sweats, "Oh... well, I only paid attention to Monkey King's major moments. I guess that's on me." Mei was still processing what Tang said after Pigsy's 'Salami' comment, "You're telling me, MK released a powerful demon while he was away?" Tang glares at MK with a serious face, "By the looks of it." MK tries reassuring everyone, "Sigh, ok, everyone sit, I'll explain everything."

After all the explanations, everyone started to relax, mainly Pigsy. "So... yeah, that's all that happened. Anything to say?" All of them shook their heads, Red Son was sitting on the floor with his knees lifted to his chest watching the other beings in the room, something about them was familiar. "This won't affect my work hours, hopefully, I promise I'll make it up to you Pigsy!" Pigsy gave a nod, "Alright kid, next time tell us before you set another demon free." MK smiled, "I'm gonna bring Red Son, back to my apartment, call me if you need help."

MK tapped Red Son's shoulder, signaling her to stand up, both walked up to his apartment door. The inside was a pigsty "Oh, sorry about the mess, it probably looks worse than your tomb." Red Son looked around at the Monkey King collectibles and video game cases, seeing all the colors around them was overwhelming but oddly, mesmerizing. "Alright, how about you sit on the couch, I'll grab snacks and we can just relax before..." MK checks the time, "lunch... woah, was I awake for that long?" Red Son hesitates but sits on the couch, Red Son slowly melted into his seat from how comfy it was. They felt she could almost fall asleep on it.

MK sits very close to Red Son, holding chips, "Sooo, Red Son, do you remember how long you were trapped there for?" Red Son looked at MK, then down to the floor, implying she had no response. "Do you remember anything before being trapped?" Red Son kept staring down at the floor, "That must've been rough. Can you talk, like, fully? I've only heard you say your name." Red Son tried to piece together words, they couldn't remember the last time he said a proper sentence. Small memories come back to her, and they finally respond, "Yes... I can. I think?" MK gives a heartfelt smile, "Well, that's a start. Maybe just say whatever words you remember until you get the hang of it."

Red Son did as said, as MK turned on the TV, they started blurting out small phrases and words he remembered. MK even taught him some new ones since Red Son's dialogue was pretty outdated. After a bit, Red Son began to speak more fluently, "Wow, you picked up on it fast." Red Son smiled, "Hehe, you think so?" "I know so. You must've been a fast learner." MK remembers back to the scroll, "The scroll said they were considered a promising kid, no wonder. They're gifted!" MK kept admiring Red Son as they were rambling about anything and everything they thought of.

At some point MK began to doze off, after his midnight adventure, he began to feel drowsy. Red Son flinched slightly as a, now asleep, MK, dropped his head onto her shoulder and started snoring. Red Son's full body heated at the sudden contact, he wasn't used to this much physical touch from anyone, she never felt something so... heart-warming. It felt nice to relax, so nice that even Red Son started to feel sleepy. As they closed her eyes, he leaned closer to MK, wrapped both of her arms around MK's waist, pulling him closer, and began to doze into sleep.

Red Son's weight collided with MK and eventually caused MK to flop onto his back with Red Son on top, this didn't disturb any of them the position felt a lot more comfortable for both as they cuddled in their sleep. MK felt like a hot water bottle was resting on his body, it felt cozy and relaxing, meanwhile Red felt like he was in heaven, after years of resting on hard rock, lying on MK felt lovely, like the softest thing in the universe. They slept through the rest of the day and night until the next day, they hear an aggressive knock on the door.

"MK! GET UP YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK!!"MK immediately wakes up, and his eyes grow bigger than noodle bowls, "SHIT!!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hahaha, queers. Yeah, I finished another chapter. Just to clarify, I don't have like a daily time on when I post, I just post whenever.
Anyway, hope you enjoy this one. See you next chapter.