Accidental Adoption

Strawberry Crepe Cookie had been juggled through many households in their lifetime; and without a doubt they could say that they didn't fit into a single one. The one bedroom apartment that the Cookies of Darkness had was way too crowded, and Mansions Madeleine had too much going on in one place, and Strawberry Crepe was not about to settle for the... tension from the Ancient Cookies' household.

Also they weren't planning on spending their time in a retirement home with a bunch of old cookies.

A bell rang. It was the end of school.

At the head of the classroom, Espresso Cookie slammed a hand down on his desk, "Well, that ends today's lesson." He watched as the class packed their backpacks, some cookies simply taking their textbooks and leaving the room. He loudly stated a reminder, "Don't forget to do the even questions on page 49!"

As Strawberry Crepe grabbed their backpack and tried to race out of the door, they were stopped by Espresso.

He looked too tired to be mad; but when they looked up at him, they could tell he wasn't feeling anything remotely close to 'bouncing-off-the-walls happy'.

"You left your textbook on your desk."

Strawberry Crepe looked behind themself. The textbook was indeed there, sat atop the second desk of the back row.

They looked back to Espresso, "So what?"

"You do know that any late assignments will be losing points, yes?"

"Is that why you take so long to grade them?"

The teacher had an insulted look on his face. Though being a cookie that had an incredible amount of caffeine in his system and WAY less hours of sleep than any other cookie could function with DID give him a lack of restraint, "Is that why you don't have a home to live in?"

Strawberry Crepe was NOT about to get insulted like that, "You're acting like you don't live in the bathroom of your boyfriend's mansion."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Oh, I'm sorry, 'acquaintance'," Strawberry Crepe made quotations with their hands.

Espresso glared at them, "If school didn't just get dismissed I would send you to the principal's office."

Strawberry Crepe laughed at him, "Too bad."

They slipped past Espresso and ran down the hall.

Espresso didn't have the energy to yell at them, so he simply closed the door to his classroom and sat back down at his desk. There was a stack of papers in front of him. Yeah, it was gonna be a long day.

Strawberry Crepe zoomed out of the school's front double doors. Parked out in the front was Dark Enchantress Cookie who had a scowl on her face. The car was rumbling in place and was blaring what was supposed to be 'Fireball' but it was hard to make out with the amount of radio static.

It was presumably waiting for Poison Mushroom Cookie to exit the building.

Strawberry Crepe didn't quite know why it was parked at the school, though, considering that the Cookies of Darkness' apartment was on the same street. Maybe they were going shopping? Who knew.

They slowed to a walk as they reached the side of the road. Now that they thought about it, there wasn't really much distance from anything. The apartment complex was next to the ancient's house and Mansion Madeleine was in front of that. Not only did the houses themselves seem crowded on the inside, but also they seemed to be close to each other in general. That's how housing worked, they supposed.

Now, Strawberry Crepe didn't have a solution to their housing problem, as was so violently alluded to by Espresso's comeback, but they did think of one thing. If they were gonna be homeless, they might as well make some clout.