He Knows How to Speak Child

Sorbet Shark Cookie had news that morning. Urgent news. Time sensitive news, even.

Well, it was less like news and more like information; and since Sorbet Shark couldn't do anything with it, they were determined to find someone who could.

They raced down the stairs and into the kitchen to find any cookies that were out and about.

Madeleine Cookie was there, squeezing out some frosting onto some Toaster Strudels. He was trying to make a neat zig-zag pattern with it, but it ended up looking like anything but that.

Suddenly, there was a tug at his cape. He looked down.

Sorbet Shark was jumping and gesturing wildly, "Oo0o0ooOooo!"

"I... Have no idea what you're saying."

Sorbet continued to wave their arms around while Madeleine was trying to figure out just what they were trying to communicate.

It didn't take long for him to give up; so he grabbed his Toaster Strudels, stood in front of Espresso Cookie's bedroom door, and knocked.

There was an almost immediate response, "What is it?"

Espresso opened the door with an annoyed look on his face. In his hands was a coffee mug with the print 'Your custom message goes here'. Clearly there was no custom message on the mug.

Madeleine pointed to Sorbet Shark with one of the Toaster Strudels.

Sorbet tried to explain the situation again. While they were bubbling out their message, Espresso grabbed one of Madeleine's strudels and took a bite. He nodded along.

When Sorbet finished their frantic gesturing, Espresso hummed in thought.

"Yeah, I have no clue what you're trying to say."

Sorbet looked like they were about to cry. How could they tell anyone about the issue before someone else ran into the same problem? It was time sensitive news after all.

A hand rested on their shoulder. They looked up to see Madeleine with a reassuring smile on his face.

"Do not worry, we will find someone who understands you!"

Espresso shot him a dirty look as if to say "Who's 'we'?".

Madeleine ignored the glare and brought a hand under his chin in thought, "Hmmm, who else would be awake at this hour?"

...

It was around this time that the Ancients' Household was having its own predicament.

Pure Vanilla Cookie was tapping his staff on the floor in disappointment, "So because you couldn't have bagel bites anymore you stole them?"

Both Golden Cheese and Dark Cacao Cookie were seated on the kitchen stools looking away from him.

"And I'd do it again, too," Golden Cheese muttered under her breath.

Pure Vanilla glared at her, "Is there anything you'd like to add?"

She stiffened, "No."

He clapped his hands together, "Perfect! Then we are going to Mansion Madeleine to apologize for troubling them!"

And so they ended up in the car again, despite how easy it would be to simply walk across the street. 

Pure Vanilla was, of course, driving as he did every other day. His staff was secured in the passenger's seat with a seatbelt around it.

Both Golden Cheese and Dark Cacao were in the backseats since they didn't want to deal with his wrath.

Golden Cheese leaned over to whisper something, "Why do we let Pure Vanilla drive ? Isn't he like... the least qualified to drive out of all of us?"