Uncle Eli

Hope's POV

These last 7-8 months have been a blast. I personally think that the show should have devoted some scenes showing OG Hope living with Aunt Bex. During this period, I properly mourned the loss of my family and friends from my old life. I also am more comfortable with calling Hayley, Mom and Klaus, Dad.

I realised that I can start talking early due to the fact that I am a tribrid but I am saving it for a special occasion. Aunt Bex always tells me stories from when they were human. From her siblings being protective over her( which she told me with an annoyed and fond eye roll) to the death of my youngest deceased uncle Henrik which was modified to a baby friendly version.

The worst thing about being a baby is diaper changes. It seems my face always turns into a light shade of pink whenever Aunt Bex changes my diaper because she always laughs but I am just happy I don't have to breastfeed. When my Mother from my old life revealed the truth about breastfeeding, I couldn't even look at her but I later learned it was one of the most natural things in the world.

Even though I was 14 at the time I came into this world, the only thing I was sure about in my life was my sexuality. I am Bisexual and it has followed me into this life. I will come out to the Mikaelson's when I am a teenager. In my old life, I did not come out to the world but I came out to my friends and my classmates and they were very supportive and proud of me. I used to sit with the girls and look at boys and I used to used to sit with the boys and look at girls. I never had a boyfriend or girlfriend because it was frowned upon for a teenage girl to date someone before marriage in India, but I had crushes on both girls and boys alike.

After I grow up, I want to adopt a child. A supernatural one preferably, so I don't feel guilty about bringing a normal child into this supernatural mess.

While Aunt Bex and I were playing in the children's park, she noticed that a bird was stalking us. I knew it was Esther's bird. And soon many birds joined the first bird. I looked like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's movie 'Birds'. Aunt Bex took me out of the swing and carried me, while she called someone.

" It's me. I have the baby, and we're on the run. Esther found us. We're safe for now. I've lost her bloody starlings, but I have no idea where to go." She paused for a second when the other person was speaking," Do not tell Hayley. Esther's too smart for that. The only advantage that we have is that she thinks the baby died. Text me with the details." And she hung up the call.

We got into her car and she started driving. I knew I am gonna meet Uncle Elijah soon. I missed him and I missed everybody. I fell asleep and when I woke up, I noticed that we arrived in a diner. We then went inside where Uncle Eli was waiting for us. Aunt Bex passed me to him and he layed my basket on the table and they proceeded to hug each other. I cooed at them because they ware giving out sibling goals. They sat down opposite to each other and he took me out of that basket and carried me in his arms.

"Look at you. So big, so perfect." I gave him a wide smile and he gave me a small one.

" I can't imagine the joy of spending every day with her." He said.

" It's quite lovely. Feels so human." Replied Aunt Bekah.

" Yes, some would argue the most human of experiences." Agreed Uncle Elijah.

" I know I have to give her back to Hayley when the time is right, but she's made me realise how much I want that child of my own that I khow I can't have." My heart broke hearing her voice. She sounded vulnerable, like she will break any time💔ಥ⁠_⁠ಥ.

" A love dream. Unfortunately, it's one that's just beyond our reach, considering the curse of our existence." Maybe she can adopt a child in the future rather than taking the cure and leave our family.

Aunt Bex took a deep breath," Seems Esther's attacking with her usual fervour."

" Yes. Mother tortured me for days with memories I thought I'd buried long ago. Then she made an offer to make us all mortal again. You see, Sister, Mother believes that by placing us in new bodies we could then reclaim some kind of purity, even begin families of our own again." He said the last few words looking a me," And I have to confess, Rebekah, this invitation, however cruel the delivery, had a certain kind of... appeal."

I started fussing because his confession made me a little uncomfortable but I know he won't accept the invitation. He comforted me and Aunt Bex noticed something on Uncle Elijah's hand.

He noticed Aunt Bex looking and comforted her," You needn't worry. We're safe."

" Looks like the little one needs her diaper changed." I really don't but whatever floats your boat. Eli handed me to Bekah and she stood up. She walked over to a room which I know is filled with dead bodies. She covered my face! I really wanted to look at the dead bodies!!! Then we came out of the diner so that Aunt Bex can prepare a plan.

" Well she is all sorted out and ready for an adventure." Aunt Bekah announced as she re-entered the room. She looked at me and asked," Aren't you, Luv?" I am? She placed me on the table.

" It's difficult to believe we were all this innocent once. We musn't let the world hurt her." Said Uncle Eli.

" You're right. We musn't." And she just snapped his neck! It was bloody brilliant!!!

I want to do that. But I can't, because am currently a baby. I at the least want to be a teenager when I do that.

Aunt Bex called Dad," Nik, it's me. Something's wrong. Elijah slaughtered a dozen people whose only sin was their terrible taste in food. I mean, when have you known him to kill when he can otherwise compel? It's the kind of sct that will draw our mother's attention. I broke his neck to keep us safe, but I have no clue what to do next." She paused and and answered," Of course."

We started travelling somewhere and I fell asleep which is something I am constantly doing in this life.