Chp 16: Justice And Departure

Pinky came to meet Shivaye with Anika . He opened his eyes feeling their presence. "What is this Shivaye? Anika  told me everything, why did you take this drastic step when the witness was alive? I was alive, I could've given statement and would've got him punished, but this is intolerable, getting yourself in danger and getting him punished for something he didn't do, do you know what is this called? Suicide attempt, did you think that if you died then what would have happened of us? Me, your brothers, your daughter, have you thought? This is unforgivable, very childish Shivaye," Pinky said crying for him and was also angry on him.

"He isn't only convicted of Anika 's murder, but also of his wife Tia 's murder, he burnt her body and didn't even spare her soul," Shivaye told her. Tia  came there and Pinky glanced at her. "Has she been helping you both?" Pinky asked. "Yes, she is also a pure soul," Anika  said. "You're lucky that you didn't have a child Tia , else she also would've suffered," Pinky said. "I didn't have anyone, I grew up in an orphanage, and sadly there's no one left behind to mourn on my unfortunate death, you're very lucky Anika ," Tia  said as tears fell from her eyes.

Anika  hugged her. Pinky left from there and Tia  vanished. Anika  went to Shivaye and lied her head on his chest, he smiled.

************************************

After some days, Anika  and Tia 's murder case was opened. Everyone had settled down. "My client Mr. Shivaye Oberoi's wife had been murdered but her death was shown as suicide by Mr.Daksh  who himself was married but still didn't stop chasing Anika , this is her diary, it is a definite proof of Daksh  being behind Mrs. Oberoi's death," Shivaye's lawyer spoke and gave Anika 's diary to the judge. Anika  stood invisible to all and eyed her diary emotionally.

The judge viewed it and noted. "My client Daksh  is innocent, he loved Anika  doesn't mean he has killed Anika , may be she slipped," Daksh 's lawyer said. "Judge, I would like to say something," Pinky said. "Come in the witness box," said the judge and she stood inside the witness box. "I was in my box when the doorbell rung and Anika  had gone to answer the door and after sometime I heard her screams but I became late in coming outside, she was unconscious and when I tried saving her, he injected me with something by which I got paralyzed," Pinky confessed. Anika  was on verge of tears. "Will you like to say something in your favor Mr. Daksh ?" Shivaye's lawyer asked. "I was behind Anika , one day I had proposed her and she went without answering making my fun in front of whole college, one day she even slapped me and I did threaten her that she will have to pay for it, but it was just a slap, I took no revenge, I fell in love with Tia  and married her, why would a married man want another married woman? This is total rubbish, a lie," Daksh  said. Anika  got angry.

"We have found a wall full of Anika 's photos which was hidden by a curtain, what to think of it? It's crystal clear you were in love with her even after tying the knot with Tia ," said Shivaye's lawyer. "My mother was paralyzed just as I came from my trip and my wife was no more, no one dies from falling from stairs until it's hundreds of stairs, she was strangled to death," Shivaye said. "And do you have any proof?" asked Daksh 's lawyer. "He doesn't, I have, may I come in the witness box?" Omkara  asked. "Please come," said the judge and he came and stood in the witness box. "How did he get a proof and when?" Anika  said to herself.

He got out a paper from his front pocket and gave to their lawyer who studied it. Anika  wondered what is it.