Chp 10: Tia Dies

Flashback continues:
Shivaay returned from his business trip and saw Pinky sitting near the staircase with her back facing him, Anika wasn't visible to him. "Mom why are you over there? Did you fall down?" he asked coming towards her and placed his hand over her shoulder and she looked up at him with teary and bloodshot eyes with his lips trembling continuously. He was confused, she looked away and he came in front and his bag fell from his hands as he saw Anika fallen on the floor with little blood on her forehead and blood was oozing out from the back of her head as well.

"Anika?" he said in utter shock and widened his eyes feeling as if the ground beneath him was shaking, his feet became heavy and trembled, he palmed his mouth and fell on his knees, Omkara and Rudra came there and on seeing Shivaay and Pinky, they both were confused and came forward and as they saw Anika fallen, they too were numb and looked at Shivaay, he wasn't crying, he was numb staring at Anika. He somehow stood up and approached Anika and took her head in his hand tapping her face.

"Anika? Anika, wake up, what are you all looking at? Call the doctor na, Anika, Anika!" Shivaay shouted and Rudra came forward and kept his finger below her nose and realized that she ain't breathing. He looked at Omkara and shook his head. "What happen? Call the doctor na," Shivaay ordered. "She... Ain't... Breathing," Rudra said. "What?" Shivaay shouted and kept his finger below her nose and on seeing that she ain't breathing, he held his head by both his hands. "No no no Anika yaar no, you can't go yaar Anika, no, our child Shivika, what will I say to her?"

He paused while crying. "When you will break down like this, who will take care of Shivika?" Omkara asked. "I will take care of Shivika, of course I will," Shivaay said. "But how did all this happen Maa?" Rudra asked but she remained numb. After half an hour of shock, Anika's last rites were done but her soul never got peace. That night, Shivaay kept tossing and turning. He got the sudden urge to cut himself up.

He got up from the bed and walked to the kitchen and took the knife. Slowly he put it on his wrist and cut it carving the letter 'A' on his wrist. He felt dizzy and fell unconscious on the floor. Next moment, Rudra came to have water but saw him unconscious and called Omkara immediately. They cleaned his wound and took him to bed. When Shivaay came into senses, he pressed his wound harder and harder until blood appeared. "Everyday like this, my heart will bleed, this wound will fill up but my heart's wound won't ever fill," he said.

Fb end.

"This is what happened that day," Daksh said after the confession. "And what do you think? That after the confession, I will leave you? No, I will kill you," Shivaay said angrily and grasped his neck. "Shivaay, if you will kill him, you may go to jail, think about Shivika," Anika said and he backed away. "So then what else can we do about him?" Shivaay asked. "Drag him to police station, there the police will beat him so much that he will have to confess it anyways," Anika said. "No! You won't do anything like that!" Tia said and they turned back to face her. "Why? If he does crimes, it's totally okay, but if we drag him to police station, then it's totally unfair?" Shivaay asked.

"Yes it is, because you're doing the same mistake just like him," she said and Shivaay and Anika looked at each other. "What do you mean?" Shivaay asked. "I m pregnant with his child, now tell, will you also make a kid an orphan like he did?" Tia asked. "This is a lie, you're lying, it can't be," Anika said and Tia went to her room and came within sometime and threw a paper towards Shivaay. It was the pregnancy report, it said that the result was positive. "What now?"

Shivaay asked. "Leave it on God, but my soul won't ever get peace like this," Anika said sadly. "Let's go, I will do something about that," he said and the duo went from there. Tia went and closed the main door. "Is this true? Are you really pregnant Tia?" Daksh asked and she turned to face him. "Of course...not," she said and laughed. "What the hell? So then why did you lie?" Daksh asked and Tia encircled her arms around his neck. "Because I love you, and even if I wouldn't have, then also I would've save you, taadaaaah!" She exclaimed happily.

He smiled. "Wow, patni ho toh aisi, lekin ek kaatil ko bachanay ke chakkar mein tumne kiun jhoot bola? Tabeyat toh theek hai na baby?" He asked and she nodded in confusion. "Of course, mujhe kya hoga?" She asked and he smiled at her cupping her face. "Thank you, thank you so much Tia, I would be forever grateful to you," he said and they shared a hug. Daksh's face carried a smirk as he hugged her. He took his pocket knife and then stabbed her on the back. She gasped and he laughed. "Bohat hua tumhara ehsaan, lekin ab tum jao bhaar mein," he said and let her fall on the floor.

He took a bigger knife this time and sat near her lifting her head encircling his arm around her neck from behind choking her. "If I leave you alive, so then you will use this crime against me to blackmail me, and I won't ever leave any proof of my crime, goodbye Tia, you can't bear to become a widow but I can, ab main tumhe seedha narak mein milunga," he said and slit her throat and then stabbed her tummy, she breathed her last and died.