chapter 9

it was the day of the funeral. i hadn't spoken to anyone but bradley since i found out he was dead 2 days ago. even then i barely spoke to bradley.

i couldn't barely bring myself to get out of bed the morning of the funeral, i know that my brother would want me too. so i did.

i was asked to give a eulogy at the funeral , the last time i did this was at my mothers funeral.

"you ready to go baby?" bradley asked leaning on the door frame.

i didn't speak.

i just nodded and walked over to him. i wrapped my arms around his neck and dig my face into his shoulder.

he rubbed his hands on my back. i love him so much.

we arrived at the funeral. many people came to me and spoke to me. i didn't speak back i just nodded and smiled.

i stood up at the front and looked down at the paper. i kept my eyes on bradley for the whole thing , i couldn't bare to look at anyone else.

"i've already done one of these. for my mother. it didn't end well and if i'm being honest i don't want to be here right now. but if i wasn't here i'd just be at home in bed eating away the pain. and al would definitely be laughing at how pathetic i look" i chuckled slightly thinking of it.

a few minutes later i finished my speech and someone in the crowd of people caught my eye.

"dad?"

"elena." he turned to face me. he reached his hand out to me and placed it on my shoulder , i nudged him off and tried to walk away. "elena do not walk away!"

"why are you here?" i held in my tears as i spoke, quickly glancing around. i couldn't see bradley.

"because my son died, and i wanted to comfort my daughter" he smiled at me.

"i. am. not. your daughter. i may be your daughter by blood but you where never there. you don't care about me and you didn't care about him so i don't know why then he'll you're here but i want you to leave." i couldn't hold in my tears any longer.

"elena please just let me speak. i want you to come home. to cuba." he moved closer to me.

"no. i'm staying here"

"you're coming to cuba elena!" he grabbed my arm and tried to drag me out of the building. i pushed him off and walk off as fast as i could. i tried to find bradley but couldn't. then felt a hand on my shoulder from behind and flinched.

"oh thank god it's just you" i whispered. it was bradley.

"you okay?" he asked

"Yeh I'm fine. Can we go?"

"Yeh sure. Are you sure you're okay princess?" He asked again. He clearly didn't believe me.

"No. My dads here" I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the door. That was until someone stopped us.

"Elena please jus-" my dad spoke but cut himself off when he saw bradley. "Who's that?"

"we're leaving" i replied with bitterness. I didn't want bradley to know my father.

"Not until you tell me who he is." He asked again. God why does he care so much "friend? Boyfriend? Fiancé? Husband?" He looked at bradley with his eyes narrowed. Surprisingly bradley was taller than him.

"He's my boyfriend okay? Can we leave now" I made my voice slightly louder.

"I need to talk to y-" he tried to speak again.

"No we're leaving. And I swear to god if I ever see you again I'll fucking kill you" bradley grabbed my hand and walked out with me.

We got in the car and I sat in silence for the whole ride to the house. We got out of the car and walked in. Everyone was sitting in the living room. Me and bradley walked straight to his room though. I couldn't face anyone.

"Bradley" I looked up at him.

"Yeh princess?" He sat down next to me on his bed.

"I'm sorry"

"About what?" He moved closer to me and put his hand on my thigh.

"About my dad. I know it seemed like I was overreacting but he barely knew my brother he was never there and he was at the funeral then he asked me to move back to Cuba with him because he wants me to inherit everything he has but I- I said no because I don't have any family left and the only people that feel like family to me are here and you're here and I love you so I don't-" I spoke fast not really thinking about what I was saying. But I stopped because I realised what I said.

Bradley just smiled at me.

"Oh shit I'm sorry-" I put my head in my hands.

"Elena."

"No I shouldn't have-" I looked back up at him and he was still smiling

"Elena shut up" he lightly laughed at me.

"What?"

"I love you too" He said.

HEYYY
sorry this chapters so short and I haven't updated in a few days.

they said the L word 😏

I will try and update more but I started school again on Monday so I've been a bit busy x