Chapter 13

Elena and Bradley where laying in bed together after watching a movie.

"Elena" Bradley said with a hoarse voice.

"Mhm" she mumbled.

"Are you scared?" He asked.

"Of the mission? No, I mean we trained for weeks we know what we're going." She paused "but I'm scared of losing you"

"You know you won't" he moved his body closer to hers and placed soft kisses along her shoulder.

"I know. But mav said himself not everyone's going to come back from this mission." She sniffled.

"Maybe not. But we are." He kissed her forehead. "Go to sleep princess"

"Promise you won't die on me"

"I promise"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"It has been an honor flying with you." Maverick spoke, as the aviators sat on the chairs facing him.

"Each one of you represents the best of the best. This is a very specific mission. My choice is a reflection of that and nothing more."

"Choose your two foxtrot teams." Warlock spoke to maverick.

"Payback and fanboy." He nodded towards the pair.

"Phoenix and Bob." He said, bob looked scared whereas Phoenix looked beyond excited.

"And your wing man." Warlock spoke again.

"Rooster." Rooster lifted his head up and looked towards maverick. Then to his girlfriend who looked so worried it made his heart sink.

"And your bait" warlock carried on, clearly nobody was expecting a fifth person.

"Matrix."

"The rest of you will stand by on the carrier for any reserve role that's required. Dismissed."

After everyone had left bradley and elena where in his room.

"Fucking bait?" He paced around the room.

"Bradley it's-"

"No don't fucking say okay it's not okay he's just sending you out there to get killed nothing about that is okay" bradley clearly started to tear up. Elena ram to him and wrapped her arm's around his neck.

"Don't die on me elena please."

"I won't"

"Your target is a clear and present threat. A secret uranium enrichment site under rogue state control. It's an underground bunker, tucked between these two mountains. Your route of ingress is heavily defended by surface-to-air missiles backed up by fifth-generation fighters. Once your f-18 strike team crosses the border, tomahawk missiles from the USS Leyte Gulf will launch a synchronized strike on the enemy's airfield here. This will knock out their runway. But you'll have to contend with any planes already in the air. The moment those tomahawks hit, the enemy will know you're coming. Your time to target will be two minutes and 30 seconds. Any longer than that, and you will be exposed to any aircraft the tomahawks may have missed. This is what you've all been training for." Maverick explained the mission one last time.

"Come home safely." He nodded to his aviators.

As elena was walking along the tarmac l to her jet , a hand landed on her soul ded and spun her around.

"Hangman" she said in a questioning tone.

"You give em bell matrix" he smiled and walked off.

"Elena" Bradley shouted to her