Chapter 5

The summer sun was blaring onto Henry as he moped towards the junkyard. It was only afternoon but the day felt like an eternity. he kicked a rock; mumbling to himself like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

When he got there, Vic and Belch were shooting off pellet guns, trying to knock down cans. Patrick sat near them, on a hood of an abandoned car.  

"Did you see that?! Holy shit I have the best aim on the entire planet!"Vic boasted after shooting down a can that was almost 50 feet away. 

"nu-uh. that had to be the wind," Belch argued back. Patrick watched the two argue slightly laughing, it stopped when he noticed Henry. Giving the blonde a 'what the fuck happened to you look?' 

Henry's face was bruised and cut up pretty bad from the other day with his father. He sat down next to Patrick. The other didn't care to ask what happened, instead, he reached into his pocket and held out a box of cigs and a lighter. He handed them over to Henry. 

Rules, Patrick knew there were rules with everything. Henry had his own rules, one of them, the one that was never allowed to be broken: Don't ask Henry about anything that had to do with himself, especially when it came to injuries. It made him feel weak, so in turn, he'd show you how he wasn't weak.

As much as Patrick thought that nothing was real, surviving Henry's wrath wasn't likely. Dying wasn't an option for Patrick. Cause that was real.

Patrick Hockstetter was an observer, noting details about anything and everything around him. Listed and organized in his mind.  So when Henry was like this Patrick knew what he was gonna be like- on edge, quick to anger, a need to punch something. 

Today is gonna be fun.

"Henry you came... starting to think you weren't gonna show," Vic spoke as he fished in his pockets. He pulled out two dollars, trying to secretly hand them to Belch. Losing the bet, the same bet the two make every time Henry is the last to show when they hang out.

"so what's the plan boss?"Belch asked, showing the bills into his pocket. 

Henry inhaled for the cigarette in his mouth as he lit it. He handed the lighter and the box back to the owner. "not sure," smoke pooled out of his mouth

"Quarry?" 

Fuck no. These two are idiots, Henry looked like he just escaped a murderer and they think he wants to go swimming? Patrick stated in his mind. "I saw some of the losers hanging around the park on my way here, could be fun." That sentence piqued Henry's interest, a smirk was on his lips as he took another drag of the smoke.

  "Anyone down to kill some queers," Henry smiled and flicked the dying cig. Patrick matched Henry's smile, he was right today was gonna be interesting. However, Vic and Belch were cautious, scared almost. 

The four piled into the Trans-AM. Driving back to Mainstreet, they were gonna find them if it was the thing they ever did. 

What they found wasn't a group, no, it was a boy with two fanny packs and a fresh cast on his arm. Henry smiled at the cast, he broke that arm, and he was proud of it- the cast was just a lovely reminder.

"hi-ya wheezy," Patrick grabbed Eddie's shoulder.

"shit."

----

Hit him again Henry, prove me wrong, prove me you aren't weak, that you are the king of Derry, c'mon Henry. Patrick smiled devilishly at the sight in front of him.

Eddie was pinned down to the pavement, Henry's weight on him. As Bowers' fist was digging into Eddie's skull, knuckles clashing against his face over and over. 

"Oh, fight back Eddie, you make it no fun," Henry grinned, Eddie struggled to free himself, but his arms were trapped under Bowers' knees. Eddie let out a sobbed scream as Henry shifted all his weight unto the casted arm. Adjusting his weight to throw another punch. 

Henry punched him over and over, even when Eddie started crying, when he started having an asthma attack from straight shock and panic, and when Eddie fell unconscious. 

Belch and Vic stood a good distance shocked by the scene, scared.  They shifted looking around to see if anyone has caught them. 

Patrick on the other hand was almost circling Henry and Eddie, Cheering, throwing comments, and laughing hysterically. Henry joined in laughing through panted breaths tired after hitting the kid so many times. He took that moment to rest his hand before starting right back up again. 

By now all the skin on Henry's knuckles has broken away, as had most of the skin on Eddie's face; cut up was an understatement. Eddie was bleeding from his nose and all the cuts on his face, but he didn't just bleed a little it was a lot, so much in fact Henry's entire fist was covered in blood, and the puddled blood on the boy in front of him slightly splashed back at henry with each hit. little blood stains were littered on Henry's shirt as well as his face. He looked psychotic. 

No one wanted to know what was going through Henry's mind as he attacked the boy. All his anger, from his dad, from what Patrick said the other day when they met up at the junkyard. Henry needed to prove he wasn't weak and if it meant killing Eddie so be it. Cause Henry was the furthest thing from weak.

"Henry! Lay off your about to kill the fucker," Vic yelled stepping closer. 

Henry didn't stop.

"HENRY," It was Belch talking now. "c'mon man." He pushed Henry off Eddie. 

Henry jolted off the ground, about to attack Belch, " WHAT THE FUCK, You wanna END UP LIKE HIM," Henry pointed to Eddie on the ground. 

He's gone mad. He's gonna fight his friend, christ Bowers didn't know you had it in you, Patrick was amused by this.

"HEY, YOU LOT!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!! I'm CALLING THE COPS," A Person shouted from the door of a nearby shop. 

"Fuck it, we'll leave," Henry huffed out, as he walked in the direction of Belch's car he kicked Eddie one last time right in the ribs.

Belch let out a breath that he was holding, he had never been that scared in his life. Henry threatening him, with the blood of another person covering his clothes, face, and hands.  It was peer fear, and so he had never been happier for someone to catch them. 

When they got to the car, they sat in the most uncomfortable silence ever known, Henry literally scared them into mutes. 

Henry was proud of himself and Patrick was proud of him. He's finally back to his old self thank god.

But somewhere deep down as much as Patrick didn't want to admit it, he was also scared of Henry at that moment, and slightly missed the timid person he was joking with the other night. 

When Henry was happy, he became his Henry, not the fool who just threatened his friend and attacked a kid solely because he wanted power. 

For the public Henry needed power, But when it came to Patrick, he needed a friend. 

So in a way Patrick was still right, they needed each other, but in ways, neither of them would admit.