Chapter 6

Henry was alone from the other three and sat on the hood of the same Ford he had earlier that day. He was hunched over, one knee pulled to his chest, admiring his right hand and a cigarette in his left.   

They were back at the junkyard for the second time that day, but this time there was a presence of an unsettling creature, one that they wouldn't consider their friend but instead a monster. A creature consumed by a hunger for greater power. 

"The fuck is up with you, Henry? You've gone mad," Victor spoke, trying to reach him, and get his attention. Instead, Henry didn't pay any mind, just continued to stare at his bloodied hand that stung in a euphoric way. Such a painful burning, but he loved it, craved it almost. 

The blood of his own, along with Eddie's coated his fist, from his fingertips to just barely reaching his wrist. The scarlet tone of the blood contrasted with his pale skin in an almost artistic way. It was a sight that artists wish they could replicate, beautiful. That's what it was, beautiful. Henry thought over this as moved each of his fingers, letting a wave of worsened pain wash over him. Skin tore off his knuckles almost down to the bone, the scars would stay with him forever, But he wouldn't mind. It would just be an eternal reminder of his victory. The closest Henry would ever claim as a trophy. 

Victor sighed. His footsteps padded away from Henry and back toward where both Patrick and Belch waited restlessly. "what happened he say anything, do anything, "Belch questioned, going through each thought in his mind. Vic just slightly shook his head, turning to taller-

"Patrick, god... you need to fucking fix him, knock some sense in him. I don't care but he keeps this up, Henry's gonna kill someone, Christ he almost did."Victor was panicking, whisper-yelling. Vic reached up, grabbing Hockstetter's shirt collar, pulling it, frustrated, "I don't expect much Pat. I'm not asking you to turn him into some god-loving Christian boy, I just... He just needs to lay off a bit. I'm not going near him until you... I don't know, get him back to his old self." Vic huffed, slightly pushing Patrick as he let go of his collar, stomping away. Belch followed him like a dog, leaving Patrick again alone Henry. This was a new habit, always just him and Henry. 

"Oh, fuck me," Patrick groaned and started walking towards the ford. 

He sat down on Henry's right, the rusted hood slightly creaking with the new weight. Patrick looked at Henry closely, each and every detail, each bruise and cut, the blood from the fight. A slight sigh, came from Patrick before he reached out to take the cig from Henry's hand that was resting on his knee, the one that was pulled to his chest. 

The smoke tasted sour in Patrick's mouth, inhaling letting the smoke enter his lungs, flowing through, and in turn, he relaxed. He took the cig from his mouth and returned it, by lightly placing it in Henry's lips. For a second, just a second, Patrick's rough knuckles brushed against his chin. His knuckles were scarred like Henry's, they came from the same "activities" it was like a totem wor by those who hungered for power and lived off others' suffering. That's what it was however many would just call it, bullying. It was such a stupid name for such a well-created system. 

"so, "Patrick finally said, Henry glanced at him, "What'd your dad do now?" Henry's face changed, it was like a shadow of confusion and fear, fear that Patrick Hockstetter knew about something he shouldn't.

"What-" That's all he was able to bark out before being interrupted.

"I know Henry. You don't need to hide it or act like it doesn't happen. You can't really hide that kinda shit, 'cause I know you, inside-out." 

He knew me.

"fuck you," swollen and tired, he paused, "It was nothing, just the usual."

"The usual doesn't make Vic and Belch run away from you; it doesn't make you go on some crazed homicidal rage. You know when to stop, but you kept going, now who knows what's gonna happen to that kid? So for once in your goddamn life, tell me what's happening."