Chapter 10 - Part 2

A lot had happened within the past 3 days to where I can't fully understand it. Maybe it was too much that happened. Sure, apart of it was good, hell the most of it was. But now I'm not so sure. Like for fucks sake I'm stuck here writing this.

So from the start... That night, something happened, maybe there is another way to put it but something did happen. Something between me and a friend. I want to say a fight or something at least funny but no. Now there is distance between us, like a void of miscommunication or just lack in "friendship".

After that night I couldn't sleep. Too much had happened in too little time. So when I got home from the party my father wasn't home. I knew he was out drinking, spending away any money he had left. But when the morning came and there wasn't a chatter of chairs falling over and the constant "for fucks sake" or "what the hell" of him falling around in a still drunk state. I knew there had to have been something wrong. That morning without my father and my friend sent away to a school where I couldn't talk with him for months, I felt more alone then I should have.

Later two police officers came by telling be that my father stepped down as chief and disappeared. I don't think they've found him yet. So now with my dad out of my life I wanted to be happy until ending up in cuffs. Turns out my father had been altering evidence from any crime I've committed to prevent me from prison. God it might have been the kindest thing he has ever done, that dickhead. Most recently "the attempted murder of Eddie Kaspbrak" though there wasn't any evidence besides what the kid said. So not much came from it, lucky me. Since the state couldn't find any other relatives for my custody to go to, I was moved to the Hockstetter's household. Why? I'm not sure maybe the Hockstetters' are kind people but most likely since Patrick was apart of the crime and that he was being moved to a school for fucked up kids. The whole case kept Patrick in Derry so I got to spend time with him...

"Hurry the fuck up Henry," Patrick spoke from the doorway of the room. Where Henry rushed to shove clothes and other necessities in his bag. He packed up his stuff as if he was fleeing the house, but this with what had happened this was the time for something new to happen, a change. God how much he needed a change.

"Just shut up and give me a minute," Henry glared at Patrick with one arm shoved in his bag, trying to fit one more shirt in it. He looked like a rat, kneeling on the ground in his two day old clothes- not able to change or shower after being stuck in the police station for so long.

"All you need is like a weeks worth of stuff, you know my parents are gonna come by later to grab the rest of your shit."

Henry threw on his bag, slightly groaning at its weight. He walked towards the door, where his friend stepped aside to let him walk through.

He stopped for a moment, Henry glanced over to Patrick. Where he was carrying the usual smirk-
"What." Henry said flatly. Patrick's facial expression was a question, and Henry exactly what it was. But he couldn't. What happened at the party was a one time thing. Now he gotta move on from it..

...

Butch is gone. Right then it was really just them, no one else. No need to hide from something as unbearable as it was.

So he did what he wanted to, he reached up and pulled Patrick into a fast and yet heated kiss that left the other breathless. As quickly as it happened, it was over. Henry walked away and down the hall towards the stairs.

"I didn't think you'd do it," Patrick called at Henry who turned around only to shrug as a response.

...Then there was a whole other thing that when I got to their house, I was gonna get their spare room. Which originally wasn't a spare. Its hard to stay in a room where a kid died, a baby. Little Avery, I never really got to meet him. He was there as quickly as he left. Truly the hardest part of living with the Hockstetters' is feeling that something, someone is missing. Like they aren't completely whole.

That night at dinner his parents talked to me about going with him, to the hell house school. They said it would be good for me cause of all the things that happened. They were gonna pay tuition so why not. Not like Derry was gonna change while I was gone. Maybe I wouldn't have to come back. Start fresh, ya know?

That night I talked with Patrick about the whole thing...

"So.." Patrick laid down next to Henry in the small bed.

"Hm?" Henry turned to look at him.

" You don't gotta come Henry, like how the fuck are Belch and Vic gonna survive without you?"

"Nah, they want me gone," he smiled and bumped Patrick on the shoulder "Want us gone. They probably better off without us for a bit"

"But how you holding up, Mr orphan?" Patrick's face rested in a careful sense of sympathy, though the smile contradicting it.

"I guess I haven't really thought about it, Butch being gone probably for the better, but now I'm broke. Then when I get back I might not even be able to stay in Derry. Some cocky ass just got married bitches are gonna be all "we can fix him up" and adopt my ass. And boom, bye bye Derry."

"You sure you haven't thought about it?" Patrick laughed.

...Then the next morning we got all packed up and started on the way. During the drive Patrick's mom couldn't stop blabbing on about this brochure of the school. I couldn't be bothered. I was leaving Derry for what might be the last time. I still don't know what to think.

Then after, what could have been7 hours of driving we made it. And the place looked like a preppy rich school not some junk house to lock in messed up kids. Then later after it all, the tour, getting our dorm, meeting the teachers and learning the schedule. I realized this place wasn't for criminals and we ain't gonna be treated like such. This place was for the "messed up kids" like addicts, mentally ill mother fuckers and the occasional weirdo that the parents didn't want to deal with.

Then next thing I know I gotta do therapy in order to pass my classes. So fucking stupid, once a fucking week. And then she said "write everything down that lead up to you sitting in that chair, in my office"

So Mrs. Shewby, there ya go.

The therapist put down the notebook and stared at Henry with weary eyes. Where he sat biting his nails and tapping his foot anxiously as she read about his life. It was an invitation to his life, an opening to a conversation that no one was ready to have.
It was something that he wasn't quite ready to talk about, not now, not ever.

——
A/N: hope you could understand what all happened in that cause it was a lot.
Anyways this part of the story is now absolutely gonna be nothing like IT from here on out.
And now I'm pretty sure this book is gonna be put into 3 parts for the major changes.
So I guess this gonna just be the beginning then, got a long way to go from here.