Chapter 9

1k special: * 3820Words*

The night before had been something that Henry couldn't quite comprehend. There wasn't much that happened and yet before he fell asleep he'd thought his entire world got flipped and fucked over.
There really wasn't another way to put it.

So in a way Henry forced himself to not think about it. Almost like a thought kill switch.

When Henry did wake that morning. He really didn't remember anything however there was something missing. He rolled over in his sheets, looking at the empty bed beside himself. Patrick wasn't there.

Henry understood Patrick wanted to leave before Henry's dad got home. No one needed to be around him and if anyone could get away from Butch they would. Henry would, but there wasn't an option for that yet. Soon, Henry liked to tell himself, soon he'd get out of the house and out of Derry.

And never come back.

Seeing how Patrick had left, Henry knew why but but he wished that Pat woke him up when he left. Maybe he left before the sun even rose but that didn't matter to Henry because he valued his time with Patrick and equally valued an understanding to his whereabouts. More, or less. Really he just wanted a goodbye or to properly thank him for last night.

Without Patrick, Henry felt lost mostly when he'd disappear or leave without a goodbye.

It was simple but Henry quite literally craved the words. Most people just left Henry so getting something such as a proper goodbye no matter what for, he valued it.

Especially when the loves the person.

Love.

Henry grasped at the sheets where Patrick was supposed to be. Where he needed the other to be.

He wanted to be sad but he had last night and would have later or tomorrow and so on and on until the end of high school. Henry wasn't losing Patrick he simply was across town.

Patrick left for Henry's safety so why, why does it hurt so much?

It was simple so incredibly simple though Henry wanted to deny the fact. He wanted to throw up if he thought about the idea more than for a second. But it was still there, the feeling, the needing, the wanting. It would be there no matter what and it didn't matter how far down Henry pushed the idea.

"Fuck" his voice was nothing more than a broken whisper, cracked and lost. His words didn't matter as long as his thoughts could carry his mind.

He rolled over shoving his face in a pillow letting out a sigh.

Henry was running from his own mind.
It was chasing him, moving faster than light, as it was screaming in his ears.

Patrick.
Patrick.
Patrick!
PATRICK!

"Stop, please" he begged the thoughts to go away. He pleaded to never give in and find meaning in emotions.

Words couldn't hurt Henry, not anymore.
But when his own mind betrayed him, his life became a prison of deprivation and endless suffering to the slavery that many call life.

No.
Henry was stubborn though one day, one day he'd fall back into this and it would end in Henry crying and hating himself beyond words.
That day wasn't today no, that day would be 70 years down the road with him laying in his death bed.
Or so he hoped.

...

But what if? Henry thought.

What if what, some bullshit right? The king of Derry, the tormentor of the school thinking about prissy little shit like this.