Under The Stars... (Part 5)

Chris felt a lump in his throat as he stood in the doorway looking out at the back yard where your surprise was.

Fairylights were strung up with candles littered around the cushions and rugs that laid on the floor. Hung up was a large white sheet acting as a screen with the Disney castle already being projected onto it. He could smell the delicious chicken dish you cook that he loved and had fast become one of his favorites. And he hadn't missed the large amount of jellybeans (and beer) sat on the side so Dodger wouldn't steal them the first chance he got.

"You did all this for me, baby?" Chris looked down at you with a smile.

You nodded, a bashful look on your face as you looked away. "Uh, yeah... It's stupid, isn't it?" You let out a heavy sigh.

"No, baby," Chris turned to face you and cupped your face. His smile stretched even more as you looked up at him. "It's not stupid. It's awesome."

"Yeah?" You smiled to yourself as Chris nodded. "Oh, good. I'm glad." You let out a nervous giggle lowering your gaze.

Chris bent down so you'd look him in the eyes. "Why ya' nervous baby? It's just me."

You drew in a deep breath and nodded. "I know." You smiled up at him. "I just, wanted this to be perfect for you."

Chris' brow furrowed, "Baby, anything you do for me is perfect."

You shook your head, "Not like all the romantic and sweet things you do for me though." You smiled wrapping your arms around his neck. "You surprise me all the time with your kindness and love. Like those silly or inappropriate texts you send me when we're in the same room just to make me smile and laugh. You bring home flowers just because. You make sure we have date night once a week, even if you're working and in a different time zone. You leave those cute little notes everywhere for me to find or you have things delivered to the house just to make me smile... You, you're perfect." You smiled up at him. "I'm rubbish at doing things like this."

"No you're not. You just have your own love language, that's all." Chris leaned down and pressed his forehead against yours as he wrapped his thick arms around you. "You send me a picture of yourself everyday when I'm not here. And not just sexy ones." He wiggled his eyebrows at you making you blush. "You got mom to teach you how to cook some of my childhood favorites, which you nail by the way." He kissed your cheek. "You randomly tell me terrible jokes that make my sides split or you top my car candy up without mentioning it." He reached up and cupped your cheek. "You do little things too, baby, and I love everything you do. I love you."

You smiled, "I love you too." You leaned up and kissed him, melting into his arms. "C'mon, let's go watch a film before we eat." You stepped back and grabbed the jellybeans.

"Alright! What we got?" He asked grabbing the beer before following you out.

"I thought we could start off with Robin Hood, then The Fox and Hound, followed by The Little Mermaid... For now," You smiled sitting down on the mounting of pillows where Dodger had already made himself comfy, rolling around on his back with his lion toy.

Chris smiled to himself as he sat down beside you. He opened a couple of beers for the two of you before he laid back wrapping his arm around your shoulders and sighed softly.

"You're crazy if you think you're not perfect." He smiled and kissed the top of your head. "... You know what I love the most?" He asked with a playful smile.

You shook your head. "What?" You asked smiling up at him sweetly, your hand resting on his chest.

"Those pictures of your perfect ass." He grinned cheekily at your shocked face before the two of you burst out laughing.

" He grinned cheekily at your shocked face before the two of you burst out laughing