・❥・ iwaizumi ! the boxer.

requested by ! @hvmxra !

                                                                  double update ? oh me oh my !

au info ; everyone's soul-mate excels at their soul-mates talent or "ability".

tropes ; coffee shop !

                                                          -------------------------------------------------

iwaizumi sighed as walked down the dimly lit streets. he was on his way home after a long day at practice, and his muscles ached. they were always sore after long practices - which was what today was. it was a half day at school, due to tomorrow being a holiday break, and that same day seijioh decided it was a good idea to keep the boys practicing for the remainder of the school day, and then some. 

he was walking alongside his best friend at the time, who happened to live in the same neighborhood as him. the pair always walked home from the school together and it was just a relaxing part of the day for the two. it was one of the few times were the taller of the two, oikawa, would be more mellowed out. rather than that fake persona he portrayed with everyone in public.

   "yo, shittykawa, the fuck you going? we go this way," iwaizumi called out to oikawa, who was walking towards going down a rather dark alleyway. the two had never gone this way before, and usually would walk straight and then make a turn at the corner of the street -- as most people do.

  "this is way is supposed to be quicker! google maps said it's five minutes shorter!" oikawa huffed, tilting his to the side while holding out his new iphone for iwaizumi to read the screen. 

  "fine. we can try this way today, but if we get fucking lost, i'm beating your ass to a pulp," iwaizumi threatened, shrugging as he followed behind oikawa. being home earlier would help him have more time to be relaxed, which was the only reason why he was walking this way alongside oikawa. lord knows he wants to take a warm bath right about now, and allow his muscles to loosen up.

the two walked for a few minutes, before a quiet groaning sound could be heard from the side of one of the two buildings they were walking past. it was most likely a drug addict, which wasn't too common for this area, but it was safer to assume than anything else. 

the groaning got louder until suddenly there was a loud crashing sound from in front of them, "STOP! give me all your fucking money! right now!" the voice shouted at the top of its lungs.

the mysterious person was most likely holding a weapon, but the pair couldn't see it until oikawa turned the flash on his phone. when he did that, it showed a white hand holding out a butcher knife, as well as a long black sleeve holding it. 

iwaizumi had no clue what came over him in the next few moments.

he pushed oikawa to the side, with a few yelled out profantites as oikawa fell to the ground. within seconds, his tan arms were pulled up to cover his chest, and his arm swung quickly  to collide with the attacker's nose. blood would soon gush out of said nose, causing the attacker to fall onto the ground.

'what the fuck...' iwaizumi thought to himself as he yanked oikawa off the ground, dragging him with him as the two sprinted away and out of this alley-way. 

    'so my soulmate's a boxer?'

 the next few following days were uneventful, and the pair of teenage boys kept their mouth shut after the incident

 the next few following days were uneventful, and the pair of teenage boys kept their mouth shut after the incident. they didn't wish to cause their parents to worry and not allow them to go out on their own anymore, or to get a whole police force involved when it was probably just some man high off drugs.

to calm their jittery nerves, they decided to wake up early and go to one of the nearest coffee shops. it was early in the morning, around five a.m and they wanted to get there before school started. coffee and pumpkin spice bread is exactly what the two could use right about now -- even if one of them was going to most likely order milkbread.

the pair walked into the small, cozy, building together. it was clear the shop was a small business but the decoration made it feel so at home. there was a small book shelf on one of the walls, full of different books which the sides of all appeared interesting. the small four chaired tables all had a succulent or two on them, posters filled the walls and there was even a small little reading nook. it was all.. cozy and relaxing.

as the two walked in, iwaizumi couldn't help but to hear some of the conversation from the two employees behind the counter:

"....your boxing match yesterday?" the girl of the two asked.

"it was great! only, some kid threw a ball at me and i ended up? doing a volleyball thing and spiking it back, it was a mess. i don't know what came over me," the short male with h/c hair spoke, shrugging.

"maybe~! your soul-mate's a volleyball player! mine was a volleyball team's manager!" 

"we get it, you're dating kiyoko at the school next over by seijioh." 

the pair walked up towards the counter, causing their short conversation to come to a halt. the male of the two employees flashed a quick and gentle grin at iwaizumi, "hello! may i take your order?"

his voice was just as pretty a him. deep down, iwaizumi knew this was his soul mate. it just had to be, the coincidences were lining up. 

"two coffees, one with sugar and creamer, the other black. two pumpkin spice bread- also, did you say you had a boxing match with a freak volleyball moment, earlier?" iwaizumi asked, while oikawa was off the new area. he had found a small feline and quickly became obsessed with it.

"...you heard that? heh, yeah i did, it was crazy man," you spoke, grinning at iwaizumi while starting on the two coffee orders.

"this is such a coincidence, but, i had a boxing freak out yesterday and i'm a volleyball player."

"what school you go to? i go to seijioh, this is my morning shift for the day."

"i'm on the seijioh volleyball team..." iwaizumi trailed off.

"oh! well, once i'm done with this order, why don't you tell me all about this freak out of yours, hm~? what do you say, pretty soulmate?"