• the ball | tendo (☁️)

part one !n e ways, the list of requests i have to do is out of order ; so my apologies if yours is a little later :)

part one !
n e ways, the list of requests i have to do is out of order ; so my apologies if yours is a little later :)

requested by ; @_Colourful_Stardust_

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

it had been a few days since you've seen your boyfriend, tendo. you had been busy with work and taking care of your younger siblings, and so, you didn't have the time to stop and visit him and spend time with him. you missed him, for sure, and you wanted to see him.

so you were.

today, you had planned this out in secret with ushijima, and it was going to be perfect. he was going to call in and said practice had been cancelled, even though it hadn't been and it was only so tendo could skip practice to go on with the plans. then, you'd throw a ball towards him, similar to how he's done so with you on multiple occasions. he'd want to practice with you, even though he's well aware you're bad at the sport, and so a ball would almost always end up hitting you in the face.

this was how you were going to get your revenge. after doing so, you'd act like it was an accident, has he's done so many times in the past, and then take him out to dinner to make up for it. it was perfect! it was exactly something he would do, so you know he'll absolutely love it, and then you get to see him all flustered and adorable --- just how you like him!

as you patiently waited for tendo to leave the building, volleyball in hand, you paced back and forth. your mind was racing with all the cute and lovey-dovey possibilities that could occur during this scenario and you were melting. your face was flushed and a large sloppy grin found its way onto your face. if you weren't public, you might even giggle to yourself. 

while pacing back and forth, a tap on your shoulder brought you quickly back to your senses. you turned around quickly, after flinching from the sudden touch, and huffed instantly after seeing who was the one who touched you. it was your boyfriend, tendo. 

"aww! what's the ball for~? you know i have tw-" tendo started, before being hushed by your unnecessarily loud pouting. it was common for him to make dirty jokes, they were funny and embarrassed you, which he loved seeing.

"shut up! hushy. shh. sh. shush," you started, "this was going to be a whole thing! the perfect thing, even! and then we'd go on this cute lovely dinner d-" you stopped talking. you had found yourself spilling the entire plan for the date, after this one single incident.

"righht! ushijima told me all about that. something about a dinner date and then going to a park or something like that?" tendo asked, tilting his head to the side with that ridiculous grin that made you fall in love with him.

"WHAT? he said he'd keep it a secret! :(" you pouted again, throwing the ball at tendo out of embarrasment.

he caught the ball, admiring the sight of you. "you really think he'd keep a secret? all i had to do was ask him!"

"hmph. can we just go on the date?" 

"of course, my love."