• tendo | the barista ☁️

requested by ; @ghoulbratzzsorry if this isn't what you had in mind !! - i can rewrite it if it isn't <3

sorry if this isn't what you had in mind !! - i can rewrite it if it isn't <3

au ; coffee shop au

not proofread

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆

TENDO WALKED IN THE SMALL COFFEE SHOP, with ushijima and semi right by his side. it was his idea to go here, which surprised semi ; since this place isn't really his scenery.  a place as calm and relaxing as here isn't somewhere semi would believe tendo would show up, or ask to go. which, he's right ; he's not here for the coffee, or for the scenery, he's here for the barista that he finds attractive.

you always worked behind the counter during weekdays, which tendo picked up on. he showed up here once, tagging along with his team's plan to come here ; then he saw you and coming here became a habit for him. he showed up enough times for you to, almost, know his order by heart. every now and again you'd mess up on small details, since you've started the habit of trying to guess what he wanted, but lucky for you, he finds it cute.

to say he's crushing on you is an understatement. the moment he saw you with your bouncy [h/c] hair and glistening [e/c] eyes, he felt his chest tense up and couldn't look you in your eyes. and as time went on, he slowly became more confident and comfortable around you.

every tuesday, it's the same thing : he shows up, talks with you a bit while you make his order and tries to, occasionally, flirt with you, then leaves. so far, each time he's flirted, it either went over your head or you just brushed it off. but this time, he's determined to, at least, get your number.

he stood in line, waiting to get to the front of the line. his red eyes occasionally glanced up towards the line, trying to see if you're here or not.

"tendo, why'd you ask us to come here?" ushijima questioned, raising a brow at the smaller male beside him.

"i just felt like coming here, is that a crime, waka-kun?" tendo asked back. a small smile crept onto his face when he noticed they were up next.

"you sure it wasn't for any other reason?" semi asked, pointing towards you while you were making a latte.

"maybe ─ but look, he's cute, ok? can you really blame me?"

"next!" you announced, interrupting tendo's conversation with the other two males, "tendo-kun? im starting to wonder if you're a caffeine addict."

"id only be addicted to you," he snickered, holding his hands behind his head, "you remember my order, right?"

"of course, a pumpkin spice latte, venti, with two cookies, right?" you asked, already writing down his order, feeling confident in your ability to remember it.

a small 'mhm' slipped through his lips, as he watched you take semi's and ushijima's order. he watched as you went towards the machines, starting to make their orders. he doesn't know, exactly, why but watching you work somehow relaxes him. could be because of how cute you look whenever you're relaxed, with a small smile on your face.

"that'll be 400¥," you said while writing their names on the cups, "also hey, tendo?"

"hm?" tendo mustered out while handing you the money.

"try not to get too addicted," you snickered, handing him his cup last, "oh and, you can stop flirting with me now─"

"oh? i don't know if i want too," he snickered, glancing at his cup, skimming right past where you wrote your number. in his defense, your handwriting's pretty small.

"tendo, don't," semi warned, eyeing the red head through the corner of his eyes while he drank from his plastic cup.

"what─ i can flirt with him, if i want to!"

"tendo, you can do that later tonight, if you really want─" you sighed, shaking your head slightly.

"oh?"

"read the cup."

he did what you said, reading his cup again, "damn, i didn't even have to try."

"you've tried for the last two weeks."

"that's not important, I'll see you tomorrow night?"

"sure," you chuckled lightly, "now - can you get out of the line, you're holding it up."

★━━─ ・‥...━━━☆
this is lowkey bad,, im
ill probably rewrite it later 🤡

━━━☆this is lowkey bad,, imill probably rewrite it later 🤡