Banished forever

Hiiiiiii! This is my first proper fan-fiction so please take heed of that while reading. I am open to ideas so please comment any that you think of! Btw, in this story Hiccup has already seen the nest and the Queen on a joyride without Astrid. Otherwise, enjoy the story!

.

"You are hereby banished from Berk! You are not my son."

Flashback

Hiccup sprinted through the forest, his supplies already packed and on his back. He couldn't-no wouldn't-kill a dragon. Toothless had taught him that much.

When Gothi had decided he would kill the Monstrous Nightmare, he sprinted out of the arena to his house. Hiccup then threw all his belongings into a wicker basket, yanked that on his shoulder, then tore off to the forest.

It didn't matter that his father was proud of him now - or that he had gotten noticed by the village.

He was leaving.

Hiccup stumbled on a few roots of the trees surrounding him in his effort to get to Toothless. What he didn't notice was the teenage Viking tailing him. When Hiccup reached the cove, he began calling for Toothless.
"Toothless? Bud? It's time. We're leaving and we aren't coming back."
When the dragon heard Hiccup calling for him, he bounded forward and tackled Hiccup down, smothering him in slobber. This was their usual greeting.

"Toothless! Stop! You know that doesn't wash out!" was Hiccup's playful reply.

He pushed the overgrown lizard off him and stood up, trying his best to wipe off all the spit. He began attaching all his luggage to Toothless.

The Viking watching them was frozen in shock. Hiccup was a traitor?...
She stood up quickly. Stoick needed to see this. Astrid ran off into the undergrowth, wary of twigs littering the ground but snapping a few anyway.

Inside the cove, rider and dragon were oblivious to the events following their tailer's return to the village.

...

"Here Cheif! This was where I saw them!"

Toothless snapped his head up at the approaching voices, they had been too relaxed about when they would leave. Sounds of vikings stomping through the forest were coming closer.

"Now Toothless!" Hiccup shouted, mounting his dragon just as Stoick barged into the cove. They took off into the sky.

"Shoot down that Night Fury!" the chief ordered.

Hiccup and Toothless were too late. A net came flying out of nowhere, hitting them both and tangling them in its ropes. Later, Hiccup reflected that it was his own invention that shot them both down. Ironic really. The last thing Hiccup heard was his father shouting, "Take then to the arena!" before everything went black.

Now

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third!" Stoick the Vast boomed. It was Hiccup's trial for siding with the 'beasts'. Hiccup was kneeling on the ground with a defiant expression on his face, his hands bound by rope. Toothless was muzzled beside him.

"We are here today for your hearing as you have broken our most sacred law. You sided with a dragon. What do you plead?"

Hiccup glared at his 'father' unflinchingly. "Guilty."

"You resisted arrest. What. Do. You. Plead?"

"Guilty."

"You committed treason. WHAT DO YOU PLEAD?"