Five years later

Okay, I just wanted to say dragonese will be shown like this and when I'm talking it will be in bold. Enjoy!

Hiccup's POV:

"Okay, start the timer... NOW!"
Me and Toothless took off and whipped through the air, weaving among the seastacks, our bodies becoming one. We flew through arches and dived into the water. Then we came across the cave. Toothless fired into it, barely stopping to slow down as we soared upwards. We emerged into the dome as it was closing and just slipped through a gap.

"Yes! A new record bud!" I exclaimed.

Me and the gang (that's the gang's dragons) were competing in 'Beat the dome'. So far only me and Toothless had managed to be fast enough. Hookfang and Stormfly weren't taking it well.

"Yes, yes, everyone knows you two are the best." Hookfang groaned.

"Well we are alphas so get used to it. I am also a Night Fury - the fastest of our kind." said Toothless smugly.

I smiled in amusement. "Toothless you don't have to rub it in."

"But he does Hiccup! You should know that by now." said Stormfly, everyone starting to fire jibes at Toothless.

"This is no way to treat your alpha!" Toothless grumbled.

.

I was lying on the grass with Toothless on our favourite cliff, watching the sun set. We were in companionable silence when a terror came screeching to us and landed on my face.

Toothless made his laugh-like noise.

"Quiet you." I mumbled.

I peeled the terror from my face and noticed it had some parchment strapped to its leg. I unrolled it.

Dear Hiccup,

Me, the Wingmaidens, Berserkers and Defenders of the Wing have organised a meeting at my island discussing alliance matters. I'm not laying siege, don't worry, it's just a friendly gathering to catch up with allies. Please send your reply quickly, Feindflame knows where to go.

Yours,
Alvin the Treacherous

I smiled. Alvin had recently become one of my closest allies and a good friend so this sort of event wasn't unexpected. It would also be nice to catch up with him, Heather, Dagur, Mala and Atali. I quickly sent my reply, saying I would be there in three days time.

"Well bud, guess you and me are going on a little road trip."

.

Astrid's POV:

Stoick and Gobber are worse, the village is falling into chaos and there have been no attacks from our enemies or dragons. In fact, there doesn't need to be. We're warring with ourselves. And it's not good.