Life without Hiccup (and his new one)

Astrid POV:

It's been a year without the weakling. I miss him. Oh sure he was a half-troll but the village just isn't the same without him.
Gobber never sings and barely does any work. Stoick has become cold and isolated. The aren't the great men they used to be. As for me and the gang, we have to deal with Snotlout being insufferable 24'7. Oh, didn't I mention? He's the pride of Berk now, the chief's heir. Odin only knows why he was chosen.

As for the rest of us, Fishlegs is more insecure and mostly keeps to himself; the twins still play pranks and annoy each other - though they are a bit less enjoyable of their activities than they used to be; as for me, everyone says I've become more closed off and with a shorter temper. I guess it's true.

I don't think the villagers really care.

A week after Hiccup was banished, a rouge dragon with a figure on its back released the other dragons in the training arena. We haven't seen them since. The attacks and raids stopped as well soon after, about two months ago. No one knows why.

All I know is that I'm sorry. Sorry for everything. Everything I've ever done to Hiccup.

.

Toothless' POV

It's been two months since me and my hatchling defeated the Red Death (imagine how it was originally defeated just without the vikings)
and he still hasn't woken up. I'm getting worried. His leg is healing thanks to my special saliva but he is still asleep. I hope he'll be okay.

.

Hiccup's POV

Darkness. That's all I can see. Then the pain kicks in. My leg. It's feels like it's on fire. There's a wetness on it. But it's not on my foot. It's below my knee. I need to see it. See what's happened.

I crack open my eyes a sliver. The light is blinding for a second, then it fades. I open my eyes properly. They feel as if I haven't used them for years. Toothless is beside me. He's asleep. I look down.

My left leg... from the knee down it's gone. Just gone. The Red Death. Oh. So that's how.

I shift my arm to touch Toothless'. I stroke it in small motions. It's really all I can manage. I fall back into unconsciousness after a while.

.

Toothless' POV

I wake to someone brushing my arm. Hiccup! He's awake! Finally. We're lying in a cave on a safe island. It's outside the archipelago. We, no, I wanted to settle in a base, at least for a little while. This island had everything we needed, fresh water, food, forests, even a mountain! I hope Hiccup likes it as much as I do. The others aren't too bad either. Hookfang, Stormfly, Meatlug, Sharpshot and Barf and Belch were the only things that were able to get me to sleep and eat. I'm grateful for their help I guess.

There are plenty of wild dragons here, most of them followed us when the Queen died - apparently me and Hiccup are the new alphas. Hiccup will have to learn dragonese soon then. I can't wait. I might start training him as well if he wants to keep up with us. A human turned dragon... it might work.