"Taking In A Whiff Of Fresh Air"

The moment he was discharged,M/N rode a taxi back to the orphanage with his things at three o'clock in the morning.He rubbed his forehead since the effect of his pills were still lingering on his mind even after taking it,the taxi driver looked at the mirror with slight concern "Are you alright?I could take you back to the hospital if it's dire,the payment won't change".M/N shook his head "I'm fine,sir.It's just the effect of the pills I took,I can rest once I get back to the orphanage",the driver took a breath before turning back to the road.He kept driving,making sure to not notice whatever was happening in the back since M/N had a pretty good aura radiating from him.

Once they were there,he paid the fare before going in.He was careful in his steps since he was the only one awake during that time,he went into his room quietly and closed the door slowly.He wasted no time to pack his things up since he didn't have much aside from his clothes that he'd handle when he was really about to leave,he carefully transferred all his files and game data in a USB drive.He threw himself on the bed and could only imagine how his life would change once the sun rose,he looked at his nearly empty room that felt barren since his posters were gone from the walls and his desk was entirely empty.He could still remember the time that he sat down on the bed for the first time,laying down on it since he was so tired from so much.He fell asleep almost immediately,it was like he was in a safe space that wasn't gonna bring him anywhere bad.He slowly felt the fatigue take over him as he hugged his pillow and fell asleep with his clothes on,it was just like before and it was exactly how it happened.He never believed in history repeating itself,but he didn't have much to say since he was gonna be leaving on that same day.

On the other hand,Haknyeon was already awake and making himself a light breakfast.He was pretty energetic for someone who woke up at exactly three,even whistling as if it was already morning.Eric walked out of his room to get himself some water before seeing Haknyeon "Huh?Why are you awake already,hyung?",Haknyeon looked at him "Didn't you see my room last night?I'm picking up M/N exactly at six so he can have breakfast with us at eight,the usual time we eat whenever we have nothing on our hands".Eric laughed "Are you welcoming him that well,hyung?",Haknyeon resisted to respond harshly and placed his plate of stir-fried noodles over ice on the table.He got his mug of coffee before sitting down,he started eating while Eric got his glass.The maknae spoke as he filled it up "I hope he's ready to wake up to the sound of Juyeon fighting over the remote with Hyunjae,he may be strong enough to see him almost all of us shirtless and showing our bodies but that doesn't mean he has a strong resistance againt negativity",his fellow member spoke casually "He isn't,actually.He's also a very hardworking person,that means he'll do anything and everything to eliminate distractions".Eric gulped in fear as he walked back to his room,Haknyeon smirked when he heard him mumble to himself.He could already imagine what would happen if M/N was starting to get done with them while he wasn't around,the thought enough to make him entirely forget that he was his new father.

TIMESKIP

When the sun rose,M/N woke up and started packing up his clothes.He heard a knock on the door and opened it,only to see his friends in their pajamas.He smiled before hugging them "You guys really are gonna be the people that I'll miss the most,I hope you know that",they could only laugh before helping him pack up.M/N carefully placed his shoe boxes in the tote bag he brought with him,he lifted it up once it was filled and placed it above his luggage that was already zipped up.He checked everything before speaking "I think that's all I need to pack,guys",the boys gave him a playful stare which he caught immediately "I'm guessing you pooled your money from being in that almost shady start-up to buy me more than one gadget,right?".They looked shocked but he wasn't,he went past them and pat one of his friends' shoulder "Just get it and give it to me,these four can help with bringing my stuff down".He walked out and they acted as they were told,they knew well that M/N was way too observative and smart to not notice their plan.