"Reaching For The Clouds"

As M/N sat at the back of the van,he stayed on his phone since he had nothing to do.He could think any less of what was going on around him,Haknyeon was literally looking at him while the others were busy doing whatever.However,the silence broke when they could sense something off in the air.They all turned to M/N and saw the expression on his face,Haknyeon spoke with slight concern "Is everything okay,bud?".M/N nodded but the way his eyes looked said otherwise,he was clearly upset about something and they were making sure that they knew what was up.Sunwoo kept glancing at him when he felt like something was about to happen,he was looking at the way he was typing until he noticed that he was typing fast.He knew he was angry and looked away,already knowing what would happen to him if he dared to even dig into what he was doing.

When they stopped by a gasoline station to fill the van up since it was almost empty,M/N had his phone on his lap and it was obvious that they were near the safe zone.Eric held his hand as he spoke "Is everything okay,buddy?",M/N sighed "If finding out you got picked to be a scholar at a top-notch university is good,then yeah".Everyone's faces instantly lit up as if they just heard that they won the lotto,M/N spoke instantly even before Haknyeon could open his mouth "It's in Ilsan,meaning I have to buy an apartment and be by myself while I study there since it's far from here".They all lost their happiness and it was clear that Haknyeon knew the exact reason as to why he seemed so angry,M/N rubbed his forehead "The fact that I only have one last quarter before graduation and it comes right after next month annoys me,I have to worry about making sure I have everything I need to go away from all of you.I don't trust myself being alone now,I already saw where it led me before".Eric pat his head "Don't think about it for now,I know you can find a way to get someone to come with you",M/N ran his hand through his hair as he kept thinking about how it would happen.His mind was getting too full and he couldn't even focus on one thought,he held his head and Haknyeon was quick to switch places with Eric.He hugged him while hiding his face in his neck,it didn't take long before M/N had fallen asleep but his mind still bothered him.He'd make small movements and soft grumbles,even speaking under his breath from timetotime.Haknyeon carefully got him on his lap despite his weight and let him fall asleep in such a position,he could feel his heartbeat and the slight warmth that came from his breath tickled his neck lightly.He didn't care that all eyes were on him and simply treated him like a child,he did adopt him in the first place.

TIMESKIP

When they got back to the dorm,Sangyeon carried M/N inside and was careful as he disappeared into Haknyeon's room.Changmin looked at Chanhee "Is he tired?",the other said something rather mysterious in response "How about you go see that for yourself?".The group member was confused and went to investigate for himself,he walked in after Sangyeon disappeared into his room and sat behind him.He placed his hand on his arm and caressed it "Is everything alright,bud?",M/N shook his head and turned to him "If you think liking the fact that I need to be alone once I go to college,then yeah".Changmin laughed as he held his cheek and heard his words "Well,it's not really sad if you think about it.You have the chance to be with us up until you graduate high school,it won't be scary if you manage to spend some time with us for more than a month",he looked into his eyes "About you liking me,you do know you could have told me yourself if you wanted to".M/N bit his lip as he looked away "Don't tempt me to kiss you,hyung.I don't want to do things that will make me more obsessed with you",Changmin smirked and leaned close "Well,you might as well do it than keep them bottled up".M/N sighed but the way that Changmin looked at him with desperation,he connected their lips and held his neck.He felt how soft they were and his mind slowly turned into mush,Changmin pulled away before placing his hand on his waist "You're such a good kisser,M/N.Why did you stop?".The younger tried to get away but the older pulled him near to his body,he whispered in his ear "You shouldn't feel scared when you love me,sweetheart.Don't you want to make me feel how much you want me?".M/N was about to push him away before hearing the door open and hugged him instead,Haknyeon casually entering with the stuff they brought.He was a bit shocked and confused when he saw M/N lying motionless in Changmin's arms "Is he asleep right now?",he got a silent nod for a response and carefully put the bags that had the shoes and jewelry down before leaving.M/N popped his face up before noticing that Changmin was looking down at him "I was just trying to save myself,alright?I don't want to make out with you,I'm a minor and we're four years apart",he turned away from him and looked at the open window of his room.Changmin moved near and hugged him from the back "Must you be so sassy?You really are a high-maintenance child,aren't you?,M/N scoffed" Must you underestimate me,hyung?".He pat his hands "You already know a lot about me,you shouldn't be surprised you're gonna be dating someone as serious as me",Changmin nuzzled his nose "I'm not surprised,I'm just being a good brother so you can fall in love with me much more".M/N was slowly starting to feel drowsy and closed his eyes since his energy had been drained,the warmth of Changmin's hug and the softness of his bed made it easier to fall asleep.He ended up drift away to dream land until silence fell in the room,Changmin carefully turned him around so he could rest his head on his chest.He cuddled him softly and kissed the top of his head,he kept him warm in his arms and hummed so he felt relaxed even in his sleep.He watched as he slowly snuggled closer and closer to his neck,M/N eventually hid his face in it so he could feel more comfortable.That was all it took to make Changmin smile,making him feel like he was with someone that he could be himself with.