Something Strong

"Your father told me about what happened today." Your mother said picking at her food, taking tiny bites n between breathes.

You furrowed your brows. "About the meeting?"

"And it being canceled, yes. I'm sorry honey, but I'm sure they will reschedule."

You took in a deep breathe, pushing away your dinner plate, as you were finished with eating.
"Yeah of course. I'm not upset about it. I still have over two years left in my law school. I don't need to rush for clients.."

Your mother offered you a smile.
"You're growing up to be a very successful young woman Y/n."

You smiled back, feeling a bit shy by your mothers compliment.
"Thanks I guess..Um so dad got to meet someone from that sport he likes."

"Ah volleyball..And who might that have been? Was it the guy on the poster he has, cherished in his study?" She laughed to herself.

You shook your head side to side."Not that exact guy but he does play on the same team as them."

"Oh." She exclaimed, snapping her fingers as if trying to remember something.
"Kouto was his name right?"

You held back a smile.
Bitting down your lip hard.
"Bokuto mom..but you were very close."

"Oh whatever. But yes your father did tell me. He said that him an young Tetsurou were going out for dinner. Bokuto included. Poor guy, your father is just probably chatting his ear off about the damn sport."

You sighed. "Well something tells me that Bokuto wouldn't mind taking about himself...Or anything rather."

"You met him?"

You nodded. "I ran into him while at dad's office. He was looking for Tetsurou..." You dragged out his name. Feeling a bit sadness as is ran down your tongue.

You mother studied you, squinting her eyes before speaking.
"Look, what your father said about seeing Tetsurou-"

"Ah he told you about me having to stay away from him? Awesome."

Your mother waved you off.
"We tell each other everything.Of course I would know but hear me out. I reminded him about how the two of you were very close friends and that you were just trying to reacquaint yourself. No harm was intended."

You try to hide the blush that was slowing risking to your cheeks.
"It's fine mom. I mean I get what dad was getting at and it would look really bad-"

Your mother smiled. Waving you off once again.
She wigged her pointer finger in your face.
"Go get dressed. You have somewhere to be."

You raised an eyebrow.
"Where? I don't have anything planned-"

"To meet up with your father." She smikered, taking your plate away and walking towards the kitchen.

Great...

****

"Oh Y/n! You made it! I was worried your mother wasn't going to send you here!" You father smiled, holding his drink up in the air.

You walked over slowly analyzing the situation in front of you.
Sitting at a booth in your father's favourite restaurant. He would always come here with work buddies and have a 'quick' drink.
And you knew this was no different.

"Looks like the three of you are having fun." You tried to smile, avoiding eye contact with Kuroo.

"Oh L/n Y/n was it?" Bokuto smiled, taking another sip from his own drink.

"Just Y/n is fine."

"Y/n doesn't like when people call her from her last name. She says that it reminds her of her mother."