Pain

Tick...
Tick...
Tick...

Time was passing by slowly as you sat in your mid day lecture.
School was back in session and you thought you'd be relived as your mind would finally occupied rather than just sitting in your room, scrolling on your phone, looking at photos of Kuroo's honeymoon.

On social media he looked happy, but you knew there was no way that could be possible but maybe it could, as he didn't do anything about trying not to marry her, but in the end, here he was, wearing his wedding ring proudly and smiling.

"Mid terms are next week folks, be prepared and come see me after this if you need any missing notes or extra credit to boost your chances on passing my class."
The teacher annoyingly announced to the whole class.

You closed your book an peered beside you.
That was where Lacey sat.
But now it was empty, no one was there to groan and whine about a upcoming test or a sudden invite to a study session.

Nothing.

It was completely silent.

****

"Y/n? You've been avoiding us." Your mother chimed as you came into the kitchen of your childhood home.

You stayed silent. Walking towards your dinner that sat perfectly on a shiny glass plate.

"You'll have to speak eventually." She tried again to communicate.

You grabbed your plate, looking at your mother. Blinked once then turned on your heels, heading for your room.

"I don't know what to do Glenda."

"Miss, she will need some time, just give her some space."

"I have given her all the space she needs. Maybe it's time for her to finally grow up."

"You don't mean that miss." Glenda said, leaving the kitchen with a single glass of water.

Glenda had come back just one at after golden week ended.
You were relieved as she was the only one you felt you could talk to in this house.

You were still mad at your parents about what happened with Lacey and Kuroo, but more angry at the fact that they felt they had the need to pay someone to be your friend. To even talk to you.
That for some reason you didn't have the capability to do it yourself.

"Miss Y/n?" A small knock came at you door.

"Come in Glenda."

"I brought this for you, you need to stay hydrated." She offered a smile as she placed the glass of water on your bed side table.
"You've been working hard I see?"

"Mid terms are coming."

"And is that why you have been keeping yourself locked in your room? Or is there another reason why?"

"I'm happy to hear that your sister is back on her feet, and that she's going back to work soon." You sighed trying to change the subject.

"You've always been kind about my family miss Y/n but this isn't about me. Your parents have told me what has happened while I was gone...a lot unfolded while I was away huh?"

"I don't really feel like talking about that right now Glenda."

"I understand. But when you're ready you know where to find me." She bowed before closing your bedroom door gently like she always does.

A few hours had passed and your father returned home from work, he practically demanded that all of you were to dine for dinner with him and Kuroo's family.
Kuroo's father had a new woman and wanted to show her off.

You hated the idea but in the end you didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Your mom delivered a handmade dress she personally designed for you to wear for this dinner, and Glenda was doing your hair.
Pined up, out of your face, just how you liked it.

"You look beautiful Miss Y/n." She smiled.

You however did not smile.
You stared at yourself in the mirror. Hating how you looked. Hating how dark your under eyes were and how you could see the hatred in your eyes.
It all disgusted you.

"I wish I could say the same." Was all you said before you stood up and put on the matching heels your mother had left out for you.

Glenda sighed.
"I can see you're in pain."

"Great, is it that noticeable?"

"Only if you make it out to be, and let it take over you."

You pondered on her words for a moment before turning to her, tears were now falling down your freshly powered cheeks.

Glenda didn't hesitate to bring you into a hug as you seemed like you really needed it.

"I just feel so alone Glenda..the truth,, they say that it's suppose to be better than lying but at this point I wish I never knew the truth about anything..my parents, Lacey, Kuroo..."

You continued to cry in Glenda's arms, telling her everything that happened the past week.
Everything including the whole Kuroo thing.

"Oh how much you're hurting child. I'm so sorry."

****

The dinner lasted a while as everyone was mingling and listening to the story about how Kuroo's father had met his now new fiancée.

You thought that it was a bit sudden about proposing to her, but you just kept your mouth shut, sipping on your wine every so often.

You avoided listening to the story as it didn't much interest you, instead your eyes wandered around your dinning room.
How the paintings on the wall sat without effort, or how the flowers that were in full bloom, were in perfect condition. Not a single wilted petal.

Chatter rang through your ears and that's when you decided that it was time or some fresh air.

Outside was quiet.
Not a single car drove by or a chatty couple on their walk home.
Peace.
All you felt was peace.

"Shouldn't you be inside?"