Chapter 5

(*wake up sleepyhead* 7:00 AM) alarm rings.

It's one of those days when you snooze your alarm for five minutes but then you end up sleeping 30 minutes more. Which in my case is the time I spent getting ready to leave the apartment and drive the fifteen minute ride to work by 7:45. I have to be at work by 8!

"Oh-my-gosh. This can't be happening!" I throw the covers and sprint to the bathroom and shower while brushing my teeth under the chill water.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm throwing on a beige tulle sleeved blouse and buttoning my blue jeans and grabbing my backpack that thankfully I didn't unpack last night and run out of the door only to freak out at Jeremiah standing by his door buttoning his shirt.

"Guess I'm not the only one who overslept," I say under my breath, Jeremiah smiles.

"Can I ask you a favour if it's no bother? I need a ride." He says without waiting for me to respond which makes me chuckle.

"Sure yeah. I'll get even late to work, guess that's alright since I'm already late" I mumble knowing he can hear me but motion for him to follow me nonetheless.

"Sorry but I only asked because it's on the way to Cardiff so you wouldn't get late" He says with a smirk as we enter the lift.

"Yeah except for the fact that I'm not going to school today. I work today" I say with a smile and then wait as the lift takes us down to the basement. I unlock my car and we both get in.

"You work? Where?" He asks, clearly surprised. I may be young but thanks to finishing school early, I'm already working by the age of 18.

"Why, so you could stalk me?" I ask with a smirk. He laughs.

"It's a left from here" he says but he didn't have to because I was about to turn left anyway.

"Jeremiah, can I ask you something?"

"I guess." he shrugs casually.

"How old are you?" I ask him, slightly glancing at him.

"Old enough to be working" he winks which makes my eyes go a little wide. "You can stop here by the way. I can walk" he says and unstraps his belt but I'm already driving towards the parking lot and finding a place to park. I turn off the car once I'm parked and grab my things and step out of the car and wait for Jeremiah.

"This isn't what I think it is right?" I say when Jeremiah gets out and we walk towards the sliding doors.

"Depends on whatever you're thinking," he says like he has no idea. Hasn't he realised it yet?

"Jeremiah, why are you in this building?" I ask him. Because he works here of course.

"I work here Isabelle" he smiles but then it falters as he eyes me and then eyes my backpack and then at me again. He looks at if he's finally putting two and two together. "What the hell?" he mutters. I smile.

"How have I not seen you around? Today isn't your first day right?" I ask as we walk to the lift.

"I don't come here everyday. I prefer working from home." he says after I press the button for the 8th floor. He presses for the 13th floor. Whoa. isn't that floor for the highest employees of the company? Good lord, is he the freaking owner?

"That's probably why I haven't seen you at the office." I just say and stare at my reflection during the journey to my floor. I cannot believe this is happening. Just thiing about how many times we might or might not see each other almost everyday terrifies me because since the day my stupid, stupid, stupid self spoke to him, I've wanted to avoid him. But now it just feels like that crappy word I don't even want to use right now. Fate.