Chapter 21

I know it's probably not healthy to spend a lot of time with someone you have crazy feelings for but what happens when your whole body wants what your heart wants? There's literally no going back now. I'm in too deep and I have no idea how to just stop. I'm not sure I can stop. Not when I'm fully aware of my feelings for him. Not when my whole body knows thoroughly I'm madly in love with my neighbour who also happens to be my personal therapist for the past couple of months.

"So, will you tell him soon?"

Today's the 7th of August and it's the first time I'm not home celebrating my sister's birthday. But here she is, advising me on my personal life while I'm on my way to work. Every part of me is literally yelling 'man, how the tables have turned', making me laugh.

"You know I won't" I sigh, sipping the fifth mug of coffee for the day now.

"Hmm I realised. Where is my sister who had her guts on twenty-four-seven?" I laugh.

"She's long gone"

"Nope, she's still alive in the present," Merebelle says. I smile. "Talk to him. There's only so long you can hide it. Life's too short to hide things especially from the ones you love. Am I right sissy?" I can already sense her you-know-I'm–right-smile on.

"You know you are" I sigh, gripping the coffee mug in both my hands contemplating the pros and cons of really telling him about how I feel.

"Well then, Imma gonna leave you to it" she says quite enthusiastically before we exchange 'I love you's and hang up.

"God, why does love have to be so hard?" I whisper to myself.

I get out of the car after taking the deepest breath I have in my entire life and make my way towards the entrance of the huge building. I keep my face focused on the floor as I walk past the lobby and towards the lift quietly. I enter the vacant lift and press the 8th floor button, leaning against the back wall of the lift thinking of the many ways today's day might go.

"Good morning Isabelle" I gasp loudly, my hands on my chest feeling the sudden increase in pace my heart was beating.

"Jeremiah" I sigh, a little relieved it was just him.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" he says genuinely looking concerned.

"Oh don't worry. I'm sorry I didn't see you.." I tried to come up with an apology but once my eyes landed on his, it kind of seemed impossible to process anything right now.

"Where are you headed?" he asks and I mentally thank him because I don't think I would've stopped staring at him if he didn't say anything.

"My office. I've got to finish a manuscript today. What about you?"

"I came to submit the manuscripts I've been working on actually. And got a couple of meetings to join today so yeah..." he explains. "You look nice today" he says, looking me up and down. I have no clue why my body just decided to shut down just by his very words. It was just a compliment, so why all the dramatic actions? "Isabelle, you really need to take compliments" he says with a grin, walking out of the lift just as it dings, leaving me alone to deal with my messed up emotions.

Once I settle in my office I get straight to work without wasting another minute to let my thoughts drift away.

-

"Come in!" I call, not moving my eyes away from the manuscript.

"You do know that it's past your bedtime young lady" the familiar British accent says, my focus still on the last page knowing all too well that the accent belongs to no one but Jeremiah.