𝔦𝔦𝔦. 𝔦𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔬

iconic trio

                RAVEN ELIZABETH KING-GILLIAN WORE HER HAIR IN A DIFFERENT STYLE, IT WAS either done by her mother or father

            RAVEN ELIZABETH KING-GILLIAN WORE HER HAIR IN A DIFFERENT STYLE, IT WAS either done by her mother or father. She was completely unaware of others taking notice of her hairstyles, besides her friends.

By her her second week of preschool, everyone knew who she was, since she was the only latina girl in her class and the fact that she was Arturo's baby sister. The treatment wasn't something she want unfamiliar with, the King-Gillian kids were used to it, being the only mixed kids, that have a white dad and Mexican mother. A combination they weren't used to, the looks they got. It's as if the four year old killed the President. Maria and Arturito had been aware of it, as the two were subjected to the treatment their lives, William noticed it more when he and Maria got together, he noticed the micro aggressions towards his partner, Alex Grant during their CIA days, and his friends of color. He noticed it when his children and wife were subjected it. He would glare who ever gave them stares, make them turn around.

"They only stare because I have beautiful skin and I am so pretty." Raven told her father in a matter of fact tone.

"You're right, sweetie." He says smiling. Raven hadn't came out as much light skinned as her brother, she had a tan complexion, and Maria was well aware of the colorism in her own community, she taught her daughter to love herself, and her features, that she was beautiful and anyone who disagreed her was stupid. Four year old Raven had the confidence of a mediocre white man, and her parents could only hope she'd always have that confidence, the world could be a truly nasty place for women of color. Even if Raven wasn't dark, just a light tan complex, her being of Mexican decent, the world wouldn't treat her kindly. While Maria couldn't change the world as she wanted to, her only option was to make it a better place for her daughter.

Her different hairstyle had caught the interests of the one and only Brooke Davis. Who quickly became friends with the brunette haired girl. The two quickly bonded over toys, and bows. They made friends with a blonde girl name Peyton Swayer, and that's how the three girls became friends.

THE GIRLS OFTEN HAD PLAY DATES, USUALLY AT PEYTONS HOME, OR AT RAVEN'S, when it was Ravens time to host them, Will usually took them for ice cream after school and the local park, but when it got cold, he had no option but to have the girls home, and make them food. Peyton and Brooke loved eating over at the Ravens home, her dad often made them pasta. The girls had danced parties in Ravens playroom, and they played Barbie's and trucks, and listened to music. Arturo either played outside or stayed in his room playing. Because of Raven, Peyton, and Brooke signed up for ballet lessons, and now, Peyton's parents or Ravens parents took them to practice. All of that changed when Peytons mom was killed in a car accident on her way to pick her up. Brooke and Raven both held their friend as she cried, and Raven insisted they needed a sleep over to make Peyton feel better. Raven knew about death, since her mother saw it at work, and she told them that the people that died here, went to a better place, and she told Peyton that, she didn't find comfort, and Raven panicked and offered her her donut, which made Peyton cry even more. Brooke hugged Peyton and Raven took a bite of her donut, looking at her friend worriedly. That's when Peyton's dad came in and held her, trying to calm her down.

       THE ICONIC TRIO, AS THEY HAD BEEN DUBBED BY EVERYONE IN SCHOOL, HAD BEEN each other's rocks to lean on when things got hard. No matter how much each girl grew, or went, they'd have each others back. When Raven got told racist remarks, Peyton and Brooke were there to stop it, and Peyton even punched a guy, who called Raven a beaner, and wetback. Raven had heard Arturo been called it, her cousins had been called such slurs, her entire Mexican family had, even if they have been here for generations. It didn't matter to them, they were illegals in their eyes. When Nathan heard someone call Raven a wetback again, he beat the shit out of guy, while Nathan and Raven didn't always get along, they were friends, and he also trying to get with Peyton, so it was a win win, for him. 

       THERE WERE MANY SLEEPOVERS AT THE KING-GILLIAN HOME, WILLIAM AND MARIA opened their home Peyton and Brooke. Sometimes they just show up for dinner, and would eat with the family. Maria didn't mind, she would much rather have Raven home than out doing god-knows what. She and Will both know of the tough and empty homes Peyton and Brooke came from, and didn't mind the two girls around. Arturo began to view them as his little sisters, often reminded them not do certain things, not to go out with certain guys since they were assholes. Or their big brother or sister weren't nice, or their family in general. The friendship between Arturo and Raven reminded Maria of hers and Dani's friendship, and Will of his and Lily's friendship.

When Arturo brought a girl around, Peyton, Brooke, and Raven interrogated Emerson, and they had to decided if she was worthy of Arturo. They came to a conclusion that she was and gave Arturo the thumbs up, making Maria and Will laugh as they watched the entries situation unfold before their eyes. The trio often went to go cheer Arturo on, for his basketball games, and baseball games. Peyton and Brooke had been around the King-Gillian family to know enough of the game, to keep up. The trio often took pleasure in embarrassing Arturo, and Brooke loved going to check out the players. Especially as eighth graders, known who would be there next year, for possible love interests.

Words 1027
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! But I love LOVE LOVE the King-Gillian family, they accept Peyton and Brooke as their own and I love it! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share. Check out my other books, it would be greatly appreciated, I have more supernatural and tvd stories, also TWD stories as well , and the mcu, and OTH, fics if you're interested. Stay safe, wear masks, protect yourself. Have a beautiful day, or morning or have amazing an amazing sleep.
Updated December 12, 2022