LV

"Hey everyone. This is a... slightly different video than what we're used to making. Uhm, today is more of an announcement, I guess you could say. I wanted to update you on some things that have been happening recently."

Eddy's oh so lovely voice rang through the speakers of his laptop, while the screen showed a very unusual image of the taller one alone, sitting in front of the camera. The Eddy in the video proceeded to tell the lense about the recent events, that had led up to this particular announcement and why a time out was more than nessecary.
When the video cut to the familiar black background with the twoset logo, Eddy pressed pause and turned to Brett.

"What you reckon? Can we upload it like this?"
Brett tried to revive his braincells in order to determine, if the world deserved this, a cut down, or a better version. He fumbled with the corners of his blanket and bit his bottom lip.
"I guess it's fine", he croaked, the lack of use of his vocal chords the last three days clearly audible, "Did you just edit this? You filmed it like this morning, didn't you?"
Eddy nodded slowly. "Yeah... Kinda felt like I should edit it personally..."
Brett inclined his head. He knew what Eddy meant.

They were not going to upload it for another four days or so. Editor-san was still working on some videos they wanted to put up first, before the whole world would get to know about what was going on.

Quickly reviewing this very personal video was enough to drench Brett's energy to a level, where all he wanted to do was sleep. He lay down again as Eddy closed the laptop.

"So, we're finally having that scan tomorrow", Eddy said.
"Yeah, I guess...", Brett mumbled, pulling his cover up until it hid everything from his nose downwards, "I hope we'll have a definite result after this."
Eddy's hand slid under the blanket in search for Brett's and squeezed it gently upon finding it. "I'm sure we will."

The rest of the day went by in a haze of sleep and moments of drowsiness in times when Brett wasn't visiting another foreign country in his dreams with Eddy on his heels. Eddy's violin playing sometimes accompanied him drifting in and out of his dreamland and when it wasn't, Eddy himself either brought him some light food to eat, some tea to drink, some medicine to swallow or simply sat next to him, brushing the fringe from his forehead or lightly stroking his arm.

Brett tried to take a mental note on properly telling the other, how very soothing his presence was as soon as talking wouldn't feel so much as having his energy sucked out by an industrial vacuum cleaner.

The previous nights were all spent with Eddy by his side of course, providing warmth and comfort whenever he needed or didn't need it for that matter. Tonight was no different. Eddy slid under the covers next to Brett in a worn out shirt and some loose trainers and automatically laid his arms around Brett like he had the last times. Brett's heart wouldn't have survived any of this without bursting out of his chest and running the whole Singapore Marathon, but "luckily", Brett was so out of it he just barely took notice of what was happening around him, especially in the evenings.

"Tomorrow, we're gonna start your real treatment and you'll be fine in no time", Eddy whispered next to Brett's ear and with that promise, Brett dozed off.

Brett's appointment was at 8 a.m., which meant they had to get up at around 6.30 a.m. in order to be on time. Eddy's alarm went off and it's owner got up instantly, which would normally considered to be a supernatural phenomena, and started to get ready for the day. He forced Brett to eat a bit of congee and drink some greentea and helped him to get into a pair of fresh pants and a shirt, but until they had to leave the house, Brett did nothing else than stay in bed.

"Okay, up you go!", Eddy said, put Brett's left arm around his shoulder and basically lifted him up. He'd organized an uber the day before, which would bring them to the Singapore General Hospital and Brett was exhausted when they finally made it to the car.
"You can lay your head on my shoulder, if you want", Eddy said, after he'd slid into the middle seat so he'd be close to Brett.
"Can I..." and before Brett even properly started the sentence, his upper body collapsed onto Eddy's lap and he half lay there like a very needy big dog. He heard Eddy chuckle lightly.
"Of course", was all he said and brushed through Brett's unwashed hair.

Brett slept through half of the ride to the hospital. When they arrived, Eddy went to get a wheelchair and brought him straight to the radiology section.

"Hi, Brett Yang, here for a MRI scan?", Eddy announced at the reception.
"Good morning", a young, very pretty nurse greeted, "Let me just quickly check... Yes! 8 a.m., right?"
Eddy nodded.
"The radiologist will come to get you soon. If you'd just wait over there for a moment?" She gestured towards a waiting area with some lonely, powder blue chairs. Eddy pushed Brett next to one of those and sat down.

"Now would be your chance", Brett muttered.
"For what?"
"For pushing me up to some strangers and leave me there."
Pearls of laughter erupted and Eddy almost fell from the chair he was sitting on.
"Oh my God, that got me good!"
Brett smiled weakily.
"I'll consider it when you're done with your scan", Eddy winked.

"Brett Yang?", a middle aged man dressed in white asked as he stepped to them.
"Yes!", Eddy said and stood up. The man led them to a small, dimmed room with lots of screens. Adjacent to it was a much bigger room they could see through a glass window with a tube shaped machine placed in the middle, which Brett guessed, had to be the MRI scan. In front of the scanner was a bed on what seemed to be rails.

"So, Mr. Yang. I guess that's the young gentleman here?", he pointed at Brett on the wheelchair. Both nodded.
"I'm Dr. Rogers, radiologist here at the Singapore General Hospital. How are we feeling today?"
"Very weak", Brett just managed, which led Eddy to take over: "He suddenly had a fever like three days ago. Quite high, around 39 to 40 degrees Celsius."
"Oh, yeah, that's quite some temperature...", Dr. Rogers mumbled.
"Before, he was more or less able to move around and do some things, but since then, he's been in bed. He has barely eaten anything."
"I see. Do you need anything now, Brett?"
Brett slightly shook his head and the radiologist quickly scanned through Brett's medical history.
"Alright. Today, we're trying to find out more about that illness in your digestive system by using Magnetic resonance imaging. This scan uses magnetic fields, magnetic field gradients and radio waves to generate pictures of for example your brain and organs. Hopefully, we can discover something, that will give us a clear diagnosis of what you have. Is that alright for you?"
Brett nodded and shifted around in his wheelchair. "You okay?", Eddy knelt down next to Brett at once, laid a hand on Brett's thigh and looked at him with worried eyes.
"Yeah, I'd just really like to lie down, if that's okay?" He glanced at the doctor.
"Of course! Let's get started. Please take off any sort of jewelery, belt, watch etc. and put them into this box, along with your electronic devices. We'll put them in one of the lockers over there.", Dr. Rogers handed Eddy a plastic box, while Brett started to do as told.
"Are you wearing anything with metallic microfibers?"
Brett had no idea what that was and how a clothing with this fabric would look like, but since he wore the Practice Period-shirt and black jeans, he just had to get rid of his pants because of the metallic buttons.

As soon as he was ready, Brett entered the other room and lay down on the bed on rails in front of the MRI-machine. The doctor had warned him about the possibility of feeling claustrophobic, but Brett just wanted to sleep, so there was one problem less he'd have to worry about. He put in the earplugs he got from the radiologist and gestured a thumbs up to indicate, that they could start.

The last thing he saw before he got rolled into the tube was Eddy's reassuring, but yet worried smile on the other side of the glass.